Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nhamze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hartford, SD
I have a g3 ibook 800. It is in pretty good condition, the only problem is that the headphone jack is broken. But I use an imic instead which has even better sound quality. It has a 30 gig harddrive and 640 memory. I recently installed a MCE 8x superdrive. The battery gets about 3 hours I was hoping to get a macbook what do you think I could get for it.

Nick

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
I hope you ain't thinking someone will give you a macbook for that :eek:
I think you could sell it on ebay, who knows... People buy everything there. Maybe you could get a 400-600 dolars for it

nhamze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hartford, SD
No I didn't think that I meant I wanted to sell it to put the money towards a macbook. Just if someone wanted to trade straight up I wouldn't say no hehe

Nick

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
nhamze said:
No I didn't think that I meant I wanted to sell it to put the money towards a macbook. Just if someone wanted to trade straight up I wouldn't say no hehe

Nick
I didn't expect you meant that.. :p

Its too bad, but iBooks value took a nose dive the day the MacBook was released. They are some real nice machines. Personally, I think they were the best consumer notebooks around while they were new.

You might be better off waiting a bit until MacBook fever cools down and people actully start looking for a good deal rather than oggling.

alec

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
Washington DC
I'm sure you can do well if you sell it on ebay -- have you kept it updated (tiger, etc) and in good condition? Sounds like you've installed some nice pieces for this computer too.

nhamze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hartford, SD
It has the normal surface scratches on the lid but is in pretty good condition. I have tiger on there and have been tweaking it for a while so it runs just right I would hate to sell it but I use illustrator a lot and it doesn't have enought power to run it well.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Just put it up on eBay with lots of photos and info. If you're feeling adventurous you could follow the guides at http://www.pbfixit.com and disassemble it to try to see what exactly is wrong? Maybe it'll be easily fixed with a smidgen of soldering? Its probably not worth the hassle so I'd stick to the eBay idea.

nhamze

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
Hartford, SD
I bought it used at my local mac store and when I got home it didn't work so I brought it back and they took the thing apart and found it to be a logic board problem the jack broke at the logic board or something like that but they gave me the imic and took a bit off the price so I was happy. But I may try ebay soon, maybe my desire for the macbook will wear off before too long and I can save myself some money hehe thanks to all that replied

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.