What Can The Apple Watch Do?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kathyricks, Sep 9, 2014.

1. kathyricks macrumors 6502

I didn't see the live presentation today because the "live streaming" didn't work half the time. If I go to the Apple Watch website all it tells me is about the Watch's cosmetics http://www.apple.com/watch/overview/?cid=wwa-us-kwm-watch-com

So I am left to conclude the Apple Watch is mostly a decoration and a heart beat monitor. I figure that the reason it's NOT called iWatch is because it can't do email, surf the web, etc. Very disappointing if it's little more than a $350.00 decoration.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

It can put thousands of app icons on a tiny screen at once, and you can easily zoom in and spend only several short hours scrolling in any direction to find the right app to open. Truly amazing and innovative. :apple:

3. PoppaKap macrumors regular

I want to know what it can do without the phone nearby and how far does the phone have to be to pair.

4. amundln macrumors newbie

Macintosh: The computer for the rest of us
    iPod: 1,000 songs in your pocket
    iPhone: Phone + iPod + Communication device

Apple Watch: Apple’s Most Personal Device Ever.

I don't get this tagline. Personal in what way? Apple are usually good at defining what their products are. Now I'm a bit confused.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It uses bluetooth to pair, so it has to be fairly close, I'm not sure what the actual range on that is. As for what you can do with it without the phone I think it can just tell time.