What can we do to get O2 to pay attention

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beaverfish, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Beaverfish macrumors regular

Ok,
    I know a lot of us are a little annoyed with O2s treatment of the new 3GS.
    My question is, what can we do as a collective to get them to pay attention ?

Suggestions plz

2. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

Vote with your wallet. Don't buy one, or if you do, make it as unprofitable for O2 as possible (buy direct off Apple and use Pay&Go or SIMplicity). Encourage your friends, family and message board acquaintances to do the same.

It's the only way they'll listen. Money is the only thing that talks in capitalism. They're already paying attention (see @O2 on Twitter) but that is different from them caring :)

3. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Run down your contract on the lowest tariff, DONT renew. If you really want the new iPhone get it PAYG. And when the iPhone finally opens up to other networks, they will feel the pain, because "we will all remember"

4. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

They will give in, it was probably always meant to pan put like this. What they will say is we will scrap the early termination fee of you sign up for 24 months!

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I very much doubt they'd do that because they would then have the same bunch of people complaining again next year when they can't upgrade.
    Maybe O2 will be more concerned about how they can get people to honour their contracts without moaning like spoilt 10 year olds ;)

6. Beaverfish thread starter macrumors regular

Although, this could be a marketing ploy. So that they wait a week, or long enough for the hype to die down.
    Then they offer the exsisting people on a 3G contract a paid upgrade, so that they look like the good guy?