Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I remember I could have some games and apps in my 16gb Iphone 5S before i sold it.

I've had a 64gb Ipad air but had a bunch of apps installed that I didn't even use.

Would I be limited to just 3 to 4 games and a dozen of apps with a 16 gb Ipad?

scupking

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2010
You can do everything with 16gb. Just don't fill it up with tons of pictures or videos. If your using it for Apps, streaming music and Internet you will have no issue.

Mackinjosh

Suspended
Aug 21, 2014
I only buy the 16 gig models. I have tons of games and video streaming apps on my ipad Mini Retina. I don't store pics or videos on it. I have quite a bit of Spotify music downloaded to it, but for the most part my tablet is for email, browsing, short gaming sessions, and video streaming.

Alundra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
That's great to hear, I don't really store videos or pictures on the ipad, everything goes in the dropbox

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
Before my present iPad mini, which is the 16GB version with 3G, I thought that I needed more space. I had a 32GB version. Then I was 'given' the one I have from work. I spent a few hours working out what I needed on there, and what was only on my old iPad because I had the space. I only filled 12GB, and I really haven't missed my old one with more storage. The only issue I've had was when I was upgrading to iOS 8.0 I had to do it over my mac, as the mini didn't have enough space.

Lukewarmwinner

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Same here. Use it for streaming and dropbox. Very few apps. My iPad functions as entertaintment - not my workhorse. Netflix, Pandora and dropbox - and you're settled. I did however had a problem with the iOS8 ota update. But found out that I had a bunch of Podcasts I'd never seen. Deleted them and no worries

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I have a lot of friends and family that have the 16GB and are happy with it. They are not power users though, don't use it to store a lot of photos, video, or music. The biggest problem they have w/ 16GB is that they do use the majority of that space because of the size apps have gotten. This makes it impossible to do OS updates over the air b/c inevitably a spare 5GB is needed for this. The result is they typically don't have the latest OS because they can't be bothered tethering the iDevice to their computer. (Yes, they rarely sync or back up).

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Not a lot of rooms for gaming. I can't even upgrade to iOS 8 because I need over 5GB free to do so. I'd have to erase apps, update, then re download. That's the main reason why I ordered the new Air. I have tons of deleted apps that I'd like to use but have no room.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Use the device as a streaming device. It's difficult to justify 500 dollars for a 16GB device, but, you can easily fit a lot of apps on it meant for streaming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.