What car stereos provide the best iPhone integration?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msallin, Aug 19, 2011.

1. msallin macrumors newbie

Three features that are very important to me are:
    • Create Genius Playlist from this song
    • Rewind this podcast 30 sec.
    • Some good way to scroll through many many artists

Does anyone know of any car stereos whose iPhone intergration is satisfying and provides some or all of these features? The best solution would be a unit that supports iOS 4's "iPod Out" feature, but the only car stereo I can find that supports it is BMW's (and iOS 4 came out 16 months ago!!)

Ideally, I'd like to get one of those in-dash units that also has GPS...

* um, this is a repost from the iPod forum - apologies! I just noticed that the iPhone forum has SEVEN times more viewers than the iPod forum, so I thought I should ask this group. But yes, I did a search before I posted, so I'm not a total monster...

2. phillyphill, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

3. msallin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Phillyphil,

Can you tell me if the Pioneer can:

• Create a Genius playlist?
    • Rewind a podcast 30 seconds?

Also, how is the GPS navigation? It seems like it's whitelabel GPS, as opposed to Garmin or TomTom, etc. How's the quality? Lastly, is there any anti-theft, like a removable faceplate?

4. phillyphill, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

You cant create a play list but you can make play lists on your ipod that it can read and it also has a feature called musicphere that's almost like genius play list. you download the program on your computer and it will group like songs for you. As far as rewinding podcast 30 seconds i don't think so. I don't listen to podcast's sorry. But i can try this feature when i get home at 8:15.

As for the gps i use it all the time and it's pretty good the maps are supplied by a company called navteq. I can say i haven't got lost yet lol.

And no there isn't an anti theft this one by jvc does
    http://www.amazon.com/JVC-Double-DIN-Multimedia-Widescreen-Detachable/dp/B001PLDZI2

5. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I use 280W Blaupunkt oval speakers with integrated tweeter on the back, at the front use 180W Blaupunkt speakers. Perfect set as my friends tell me when it's loud, the sound does not distort and the sound quality never decreases.

I listen to my iPod in the car through a jack plug-in.

Hope it helps ;)