What carrier are you switching from?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smt1192, Jul 4, 2008.

?

What carrier are you switching from?

1. Verizon

40 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. US Cellular

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. AT&T (Not switching0

32 vote(s)
    39.0%
  4. Alltell

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. US Cellular

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Not buying iPhone

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. smt1192 macrumors regular

I was just wondering what wireless carrier the majority of the switchers were switching from.

2. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

T-Mo [UK]. Been with them for 4 years - I actually apologised to the woman from retentions as I have always had great CS from them - but they don't have the iPhone in the UK so we had to go our separate ways :(

3. elbirth macrumors 65816

I'm switching from Sprint. Wow, you missed quite a few carriers in your poll there, maybe you should have researched the options a little more.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I know this is against the Apple religion but I am not buying the iPhone (at least not until it is offered from Verizon) I like Verizon, have had AT&T and they stink. And besides, Verizon owns my life.

Peace:cool:

5. dom7 macrumors member

why is sprint not a choice?

i'll be switching from sprint.

6. MegaMan1311 macrumors regular

Sprint. Where I live, I think I will be downgrading in coverage also...

7. ChocoboNL macrumors member

Check your posts.

Hmm.. Might want to consider checking your post for errors before submitting it.. US Cellular is in there, like, twice? ^__^
    And I do not care about typos to much, but they're within the names of the poll itself? (The '0' instead of a ')' for AT&T)
    Ohh, and maybe a 'catchall variable/ carrier' would be nice, like, say, 'other'. Just in case you missed a few carriers.

Well, that's just me giving some constructive feedback, no bashing intended.

EDIT: Ohh, and I'm Dutch, but I'm seriously considering the iPhone. The prices seem pretty decent over here, starting at €30/ Month :)

8. smt1192 thread starter macrumors regular

Whoops, sorry all. The last US cellular was supposed to be Sprint / Nextell. If there was a way to change it I would.

9. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Sprint here. I've been with Nextel/Sprint for over 7 years, but after all that time, they have not improved their coverage in my area in spite of my complaints. At first I thought it was because I'm by the shore/bay, but when I look at my girlfriend's AT&T phone with 3G and full bars whilst I look at my constantly-roaming Sprint phone with 1-2 bars (yeah, Verizon sucks in my area too), the choice is a no-brainer.

I was a Cingular customer back in the day (when they were still Cellular One) and the only reason I switched was to have "walkie-talkie". Boy did Nextel sucker my ass with that little gimmick.

AT&T, I'm coming home!

10. aforty macrumors 65816

11. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Finally going to be switching my girlfriend away from T-Mobile.

12. lokiju macrumors 6502

Verizon.

I've been very happy with their service but no Iphone means it's time to go back to AT&T :(

13. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

14. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

Also, Alltel is spelled with one "L", not two.

(Think of the prefix "tele")

15. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

Switching from Sprint... tired of the brick pcc-6700 I've been carrying around.

16. goblues11 macrumors newbie

goblues11

17. goblues11 macrumors newbie

goblues11

Double check before you post

18. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

att has been good for me

great coverage and as long as i pay my bills, avoid going into an att store to talk to a sales rep and avoid unnecessary conversation over the phone with a rep then i am happy. the only thing that would sour this relationship iff att started peddling me **** i dont need.

19. ijohnw macrumors regular

If any of you are switching to ATT with the new iphone and want a $25 referral credit once you sign up with ATT, send me a PM. I have a few referrals left to use and I'll send the ATT referral email to ya!

Thanks!

20. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

not really switching, I'm keeping my Verizon RAZR V3M active as well as getting an iPhone 3G. Where I don't have to pay for the verizon phone, I'll be using it for voice, as it has more minutes, and more reliable coverage around here, and the iPhone for data and a backup voice for when the razr battery craps out on me.

21. bavarian3 macrumors member

ATT seems to have better service where I am located than Verizon.

22. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

23. mcnieman macrumors member

24. gibbz macrumors 68030

Sticking with AT&T. Those that are switching, how do you feel about moving to AT&T from your current provider?

25. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Switching from T-mobile. just cancelled my contract mid term. They raised text messaging rates and that was my outlet without paying the early termination fee. My last day of service is july 8th.