What case are you using for the new SE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrGuder, Apr 8, 2016.

1. MrGuder macrumors 68020

I had a previous iPhone 5 so I had a few cases but I said I would not use a case for the SE but I'm nervous so I opted for a new case.

I wanted to try a new case on my new SE so I ordered a. Incipio feather light ultra slim snap on case it was for the 5 or 5s so I knew it would fit. I got it yesterday and love it. It's open on the top and bottom so doesn't feel like a case is on and it has a rubbery feel on back but also smooth feeling.

What case are you using on the SE?

2. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I had to find a case that was open at the bottom around the Lightning port to work with my Belkin charging docks, so I went back to the old iP5 case that I loved much, the Seidio Surface case. For me it's the absolute perfect case for the SE if you don't require a lot of drop protection....it's plastic, not silicone. Grippy but doesn't get stuck in the pocket. They have two versions, the regular Surface with a closed back, and the Surface Reveal, which shows the Apple logo on the back (yuck):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

RhinoShield CrashGuard + tempered glass screen protector

4. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Magpul urban gray field case. IMHO Magpul has the best cases when it comes to grip/slimness/protection and most importantly price.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, but a bit bulky for some.

6. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Used to have that case with the rubber and plastic parts that go around the outside of the case you have. Used it on my slate iP5. Loved that case and was the ultimate in protection. Only thing I didn't like was the flap for the camera which was a pain to get to stay back and out of the way of the camera. Thought about getting it again though, but I don't really need that kind of protection and bulk these days.

7. Z3man macrumors 6502a

I am using the incipio feather from my 5s as well, it is a great case, has a good feel to it and the phone still looks great with it on, it doesn't ruin the looks, but there is a price to pay for this in that it only offers minimal protection with in being open at the top and bottom, but this is fine for me as i am careful with my phone.

8. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

People find the Magpul cases bulky? :O First I've heard that. Different strokes for different folks I guess. :)

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yup. It's what makes the world go 'round.

EDIT:
    I just mean that it seems bulky for a case that offers almost zero drop protection. It does look nice, but for a few more bucks, I'd rather have a RhinoShield PlayProof that offers actual protection.

10. MrGuder, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

MrGuder thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah I'm liking it because it doesn't feel like a case and it's super light, I'm really careful so I'm not concerned out the open top and bottom. I like how you can still see some of the gray chamfered edges when viewing straight on.

I also ordered 2 more 5s cases that should fit the SE I figure out of the 3 I ordered I might like 1 over the others and will return 2. I must be crazy ordering 3 cases lol
    --- Post Merged, Apr 8, 2016 ---
    I actually still have this case from my iPhone 5 I always found it hard to get off mine was a super tight fit. I ordered 3 other cases cause I just wanted something different but yeah that is a great case too...super smooth techure but not slippery at all. I liked it.

11. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

I'm using a Belkin View case in black. Love the feel in the hand, the black and white combinaison with my phone and the clear back so I can still enjoy the gorgeous rose gold. :)

image.jpg image.jpg

PS : Sorry for the crappy quality, I'm using a first gen iPad Air camera, not so great lol.

12. Z3man macrumors 6502a

Yes i like that as well, looks really good.

I think i will get a heavier duty case as well with full coverage for when i go on holiday backpacking when the phone gets a bit more stick than usual.

13. MrGuder thread starter macrumors 68020

That's funny because that was one of the other cases I also ordered but have not received yet. I thought it would look great with my space gray. It does look nice with rose gold too.

14. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

I was using it on a backup Black Slate iPhone 5 before I received my SE and it looked very nice on it aswell so I'm assuming it will for the Space Grey too, in my opinion this is the kind of case that fit with every colors. :D

15. MrGuder thread starter macrumors 68020

I've always had cases that cover the entire phone so this Incipio feather snap on case is feeling so different and I really like it.

I know a lot of these cases have been around for a while but it just feels cool to put a different case on your SE that you may not have ever used before or even ones that you loved so much you want to use again.

16. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Attached Files:

17. wproct macrumors 6502

wproct

After buying several cases for my 5s, I settled on the Magpul Bump as my favorite case of all. Liked it so much that I bought a couple more in different colors when they were on a close out sale. Have to admit that I thought that was really crazy until the announcement of the SE. That's going to be my next Iphone and I'm well stocked on cases that will fit it!:) Seriously, it's a great protective case with good grip.

18. Decker39 macrumors member

Decker39

Spigen Slim Armour, with tempered glass screen protector

19. BearBert macrumors member

BearBert

20. MrGuder thread starter macrumors 68020

I had that case on my iphone 5 and it was a great case.

Here is another case I bought from Spigen but have not received it yet.
    I thought the carbon looked cool and it's really thin only 1mm on each side you can see how thin it is by looking at the sleep/awake button it's not that recessed at all.
    I like that it retains the round buttons too. Looks like a new case, never seen it before.
    I'll post pics once I have it.

http://www.spigen.com/collections/iphone-se/products/iphone-se-case-rugged-armor

[​IMG]

21. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Ordered a 'stealth gray' Magpul Bump case to switch out from my Tech 21 Evo Mesh from time to time.

22. Abstract, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016

Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm far from a phone case expert, but I've had a great experience designing my own case with Noreve. :) The Ambition (grain) leather was incredible, and the workmanship was very good. It looked fantastic on my Nokia Lumia 930, even after a year. My blue case was starting to darken to black along the edges, but it looks OK that way. Worn a bit. :) I bought mine on sale -- roughly 40% off. :)

http://www.noreve.com/en/iphone-5s/2807-apple-iphone-5s-leather-case-b.html

Before I read this thread, I was considering a Bellroy case with the 1 card holder, once they made one for the iPhone SE. I have one of their wallets, and it's outstanding.

http://bellroy.com/wallets?filter=phones

Expensive? Sure, but so is the Apple Leather case. Also, that's in Aussie dollars, so in real money, it's probably a lot less. ;)

I even considered one of these Radius "cases". I think it'll protect your phone a bit from drops, but not from scratches. Slightly better than nekkid, no?

http://www.mod-3.com/shop-iphone-5-se-radius-cases/