What case could match my requirements?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aor26, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Aor26 macrumors member

First of all - Please DO NOT mix this thread with my older one because my requirements were changed. Thanks.

Alright.
    My requirements from the case are:

:apple:Thin. Very thin.
    :apple: MOST IMPORTANT THING: MUST have a lay on the table design. even a little one. (that means the when you put the iphone with the screen downward, the screen won't touch the object)
    :apple:Dont want a case which will scratch alot in a short time.
    :apple:As similar feeling to the naked iphone as possible.

I thought of the SwitchEasy Nude, but the only problem with it is the lay on the table design, which I must have.. =\

Any suggestions?
    THANKS

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What in God's name is a "lay on table design"?

All phones in cases can lay on tables.

3. edmondyll macrumors newbie

I am not sure about lay on table design

that means you will need a stand at the back of your case?

if this is the case, its hard to have it slim:(

4. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Oh, sorry for that.
    I thought it is knows.
    Well, lay on the table disgn means that you can put the iphone on a flat thing and the screen won't touch it.
    Example for a case with lay on the table design: Capsule Rebel/neo, Vulcan etc..
    Ex for a case w/o """"""""""""": Incipio Feather

I'll also edit the main post

5. Shwonx macrumors member

I have a bodyguardz skin on my phone and it is as thin as it gets. Obviously it won't do anything for drop damage, but just don't drop your phone and it's fine..

My favourite alternate case is the Grffin iClear. Sooooooooo sexy with a white iphone. (It has a cloudy back casing that looks so nice with the white back).

6. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

7. vinceinspired macrumors newbie

How about the new SwitchEasy Nude? 0.8mm thick, so it says.

8. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

get a a shield ( bodyguardz, invisible shield, BSE)

those things don't scracth, are thin and you can lie your phone down

9. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but all of those don't offer any screen protection.
    I want the case to be a little above the chrome so when u put the phone w/ screen downwards it won't touch the object.

10. Penguissimo macrumors 6502a

Penguissimo

The Belkin absolutely does go "a little above the chrome". It has a ridge around the screen that is at least two millimeters higher than the screen itself. I just placed it face down on top of a quarter and the coin didn't even touch the screen.

Also, you failed to mention that screen protection was important in your first post, but any case that meets the requirements you laid out will also allow you to use a film such as the Power Support Crystal Film or the DLO Surface Shield. I have a Crystal Film and it works great with the Belkin; you wouldn't even know they were two separate products.

11. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

trust me I had a bodyguardz on my last phone, when I had to take it in for repair I removed the shield, and the phone and screen where in almost perfect condition

and thats after dropping it, having my keys in my pocket, sliding it on the floor, etc

those full body shields offer very good protection

12. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

I like the Bodyguardz buy it won't do anything major if the phone will be fallen out of my pocket.

What do you guys say about SwitchEasy Vulcan BLACK for black iphone?
    It seems to be the case which is the closest to my requirements.

13. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

You can't really have it both ways, you have to choose between thin and protection

even the super thin cases are not going to do anything if you drop it

Good luck with your search :D !

14. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

ur current idea is pretty much impossible since the ultra thin ones dont have a lay on table design

but the closest there is is the speck seethru/seethru satin

15. hebbi macrumors newbie

You may be interested in this one(DREAMBOAT), I just got two different colors. It fits snug, but it is easy to put on, the case protector went on easily and is so thin that almost impossible to detect.

16. TweakPro macrumors newbie

Here are two great alternatives!

Am I too late to help?

I love my Rebel Scholar case. They are like Incase Sliders, but a bit thinner. Not shockingly thin, just enough that it's noticeable. They also come in different designs. They range from wild colors and bold artwork to solids and subtle tones. I have 3. The 'We The People', 'Victory' in black and white, and I have the 'If Looks Could Kill" coming in the mail. I like the feel. Get a glossy one, like 'Victory', and it feels like a bare iPhone. The Rebel Scholars also have that lip, or edge, you're looking for. But, like I said, this isn't a Feather. The upside is that in the event that you do drop it, your phone will more than likely be intact. Also, you mentioned minimal scratching? Great! Rebel Scholars have this 'UV Coating' on their cases. Some are glossy, and some have this matte, or marshmallow texture. It wont scratch up like a CandyShell does. They scratch if you look at it the wrong way! LOL! [even though that's my fav case!] Obviously, if you grind a key on it, it's GOING to scratch. But, if its just in your bag with loose change, or spinning on a table when you're bored, then its not gonna. I know you want that glossy iPhone texture, but if you like your 1st Scholar, try the matte, it feels SO much nicer to me.

Also, buy a screen protector if you don't already have one. Some cases, like Torrent or Colors, come with them. So my suggestion is to also pick up a Switcheasy Colors. They come in SO many colors. And they have this port covers. Who knows, you may be into silicone. It also has a lay on the table design. Plus, it's only 15 bucks! You're getting TWO screen protectors along with a quality case. C'mon! $20 gets you two screen shields alone, like PowerSupport or SGP. Just give them both a try. Let me know if you need any further detail.

http://rebelscholar.com/iphone-3gs-cases/
    http://switcheasy.com/products/Colors/Colors.php

[This is my first post!!] :D