Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBiggs

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Honolulu, HI
I'm just jumping in here to sing praise on the cases I use on an iPhone 7+ Black. I'm fully on the X-Doria train, after having used their Bumper Case and Full Defense Case.

For the case, I'm not a huge fan of cases making phones bigger, but the construction on this case, I was able to look past that. It's well protected and I've given it to a 2 year old for a "hold-my-phone-and-watch-education-videos" test. It performed flawlessly through a few drops and a tantrum.

However, I also purchased their Bumper which slims it down considerably. You'll need to use a skin on the back, if you are concerned about scratches. It stays well protected and can handle drops from corners, to face down. It utilizes a raised lip on back, to protect the camera lens and does so for the front screen. While not as robust as say the Defense case, it offers ample protection for anyone wanting a slimmer profile.

If you have a Matte Black or Jet Black iPhone, be aware that they Space Gray color mentioned on Amazon, is more a dark grey. I'm perfectly fine with it and prefer contrast. Plus, everything matches with Matte Black.

Let me also add, when I bought these cases they were probably about $10 cheaper, so keep an eye out for price drops, if any.

Here's some screenshots of the above mentioned items:

XDoria Bumper.png
XDoria Case.png

kingofkings11

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2016
For those with a matte black iphone 7 plus and a UAG plasma case what colour plasma case did you get? trying to determine the best colour that will look good with the matte black. Leaning towards the ICE as I've read online from reviews that this combo would look better.

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
For those with a matte black iphone 7 plus and a UAG plasma case what colour plasma case did you get? trying to determine the best colour that will look good with the matte black. Leaning towards the ICE as I've read online from reviews that this combo would look better.

I had the Ash version. I liked the look but I prefer the UAG Pathfinder which is what I have now. I definitely liked the Ash version of the Plasma though. I have not seen one with the Ice version. I guess I should look up how it looks.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Just received the Silk Base Grip for my iPhone 7 and I think I've found the perfect blend of minimalism and protection to suit my tastes (that is until Caudabe finally decide to release their sheath and synthesis cases)!

The Silk case is quite a bit like the Spigen Liquid Armor in design, but less flexible/flimsy and with a nice grippy texture around the perimeter of the phone which isn't sticky or tacky like silicone.

Seems a bit heavier than the Spigen, but I feel more confident in this case and buttons are very slightly less clicky (just nit-picking now).

Wasn't too expensive (had to order it from US Amazon store and pay extra for shipping to the UK).

Definitely recommend checking it out. Will post pics later if you guys want to see it.

https://www.amazon.com/Silk-iPhone-Grip-Case-Lightweight/dp/B01JTI1M1Y

Last edited:
Reactions: danny8200

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011

Here's a pic with the ice. I've ordered the ash too it's coming on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: kingofkings11

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Shieldon leather case.

45734f6693624aa26c88c434d2a5e884.jpg
d37b0159aab57ef4f2aafff17ce7c4f6.jpg

Will be returning one once I decide but thinking I'm going to keep the tan one.

Reactions: pchan0

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Had one for my iPhone 6, really tempted to get one for my 7+. How are you liking it so far?

So far so good. I had the black one on my 6plus but think the tan looks nice with the black 7. And I always buy black cases so thinking I'll have a change.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
Just received the Silk Base Grip for my iPhone 7 and I think I've found the perfect blend of minimalism and protection to suit my tastes (that is until Caudabe finally decide to release their sheath and synthesis cases)!

The Silk case is quite a bit like the Spigen Liquid Armor in design, but less flexible/flimsy and with a nice grippy texture around the perimeter of the phone which isn't sticky or tacky like silicone.

Seems a bit heavier than the Spigen, but I feel more confident in this case and buttons are very slightly less clicky (just nit-picking now).

Wasn't too expensive (had to order it from US Amazon store and pay extra for shipping to the UK).

Definitely recommend checking it out. Will post pics later if you guys want to see it.

https://www.amazon.com/Silk-iPhone-Grip-Case-Lightweight/dp/B01JTI1M1Y

Do you have a tempered glass? If so, does the bezel rise above the tempered glass?

Duncanator

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
I typically go between case to no case. I now have a tempered glass screen protector and a UAG Pathfinder case and do not see myself going without this case. To me, it is the PERFECT case. It is not super thick nor heavy. It is not slick while holding. To cap it off it looks AMAZING with my black iPhone 7+.

Reactions: HickDead

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
That looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine for the 7 plus when they come out in November.

You'll be happy when you do. I really like how thin it is and that it is still drop proof(military?). I had the same one for my iPhone 6 and this feels similar along the sides(expect the grooves for grip) and the back is no thicker than a credit card. I personally liked their logo on the old model which was just their actual logo instead of the company name but oh well.

Reactions: Jaggrey

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
You'll be happy when you do. I really like how thin it is and that it is still drop proof(military?). I had the same one for my iPhone 6 and this feels similar along the sides(expect the grooves for grip) and the back is no thicker than a credit card. I personally liked their logo on the old model which was just their actual logo instead of the company name but oh well.

Yeah I actually owned the same case for my 6 plus, it was definitely the best case I ever owned. Like you said I was amazed how thin it was but still have military drop protection. Worth every penny.

mac524

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NYC
Originally went with the Spigen Flip Armor (first image attached), but ended up going with the Kate Spade case that has the same flip feature. It's much classier looking than the Spigen one (imo, anyway) - much sleeker and less clunky. Plus, I had gotten the Jet Black Spigen to match my Jet Black phone, but it was smudging up worse than the actual phone. Very happy with my decision so far.

spigen.png spade.png

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Originally went with the Spigen Flip Armor (first image attached), but ended up going with the Kate Spade case that has the same flip feature. It's much classier looking than the Spigen one (imo, anyway) - much sleeker and less clunky. Plus, I had gotten the Jet Black Spigen to match my Jet Black phone, but it was smudging up worse than the actual phone. Very happy with my decision so far.

View attachment 666749 View attachment 666750

I'm glad your happy with your decision - because that's what really matters. However those Kate Spade card cases look horrible IMO and for $50 they look even worse.

Those Spigen Flip Armor cases can be had on their official eBay store for around $18 which financially makes more sense. However it's your $$$ and if you love those ugly, overpriced cases then more power to you and enjoy.

solodogg

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
Orlando
So far love my Evutec case

I really wish they hadn't made the logo stand out that much more, and the sides with the unfinished looking lines wrapping around the device. I think the 6S case I had from them was by far my favorite iPhone case to date, but this one doesn't impress me much at all.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
I really wish they hadn't made the logo stand out that much more, and the sides with the unfinished looking lines wrapping around the device. I think the 6S case I had from them was by far my favorite iPhone case to date, but this one doesn't impress me much at all.

I agree, I think they took a small step backwards when it comes to the branding on it. I also thought the small ridges along the edges were going to bug me but they actually have been something I like about the case, it adds grip instead of being smooth and slippery(function over form I guess?). The biggest pros for me have been the actual black color of the case(instead of the grayish of last year), how thin the back of the case is(you really realize how thin it is compared to other cases when it is in your pocket), and since I use a magnet in my vehicles, to hold my phone, the integrated metal plate inside the case is nice.

Daranx

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
London
Do you have a tempered glass? If so, does the bezel rise above the tempered glass?
Yes, I have the Tateguard case friendly edge to edge glass screen protector (not curved 3D) and it fits perfectly. The lip of the case is about 1mm raised above the tempered glass.

Reactions: danny8200
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.