All iPads What case should I buy for Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by budmonster, Nov 15, 2013.

1. budmonster macrumors regular

I'm looking for a ipad air case. My son uses it so I bought a Griffin Technology - Survivor Case but it is so bulky and a pain to remove. I'm trying to find one that protects it similar but not as bulky, something that protects that back and sides. Maybe get a screen protector? The survivor case has this thick plastic cover over the screen so sometimes it hard to use the touch screen. Any recommendations? I saw some on Amazon for like $9-$20 but who knows the quality.

2. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Since no way has posted, I'll update my thread.

I returned the Griffin Technology - Survivor Case.

I bought a Fintie SmartShell Case (grey/red) and also an Apple Shell Case (red). The Finitie case was great because of the price but I didn't like it because not a;l of the sides are protected. I attached a screenshot, you can see the Apple case, the arrow pointing to the the side protection. The Finite case doesn't have it that. Does anyone know of any cases similar to the Apple one that has that protection but that is also not as expensive? I'm looking for something like the Apple Shell case but with some more protection.

arrow.jpg

I just ordered the Speck StyleFolio Case and a Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case. I'm going to see how these hold up. I'm having a really hard time find the case I want. There are no stores around me that have cases in, Target, Best Buy, etc. have minimal cases, maybe 3 or 4. Amazon and online retailers have everything so its hard to pick one without holding it.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

By the time you buy and return all these cases in search of a case like Apple's, why not just buy Apple's?

4. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

Because I'm not paying $80 for a case. With Amazon all returns are free.

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Sure, but what is your time worth?

6. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

7. Zmanbaseball2, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

What case should I buy for Air?

I have this:
    MoKo Apple iPad Air Case - Smart Case for Apple iPad 5 Air (5th Gen) Tablet, BLACK
    http://amzn.com/B00CK9DA9M
    It works great. All sides protected and buttons are covered but still very responsive. I just had to stretch the power button cover because it was holding the power button down.

----------

I got a defective one. The cover would not lay flat. They are sending a replacement. I got the white version. Still an excellent case and the stand works great.

8. Kisey macrumors 6502a

I like that MoKo case. It's the closest I've seen to the official Apple Smart Case. Too bad the mini retina version doesn't cover the buttons, otherwise I'd order it.

9. geralddarden macrumors member

geralddarden

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I literally have 20 or more cases in my closet for the iPad air alone that I have to review and post on amazon. I get them as samples that I review and keep. I have that one as a sample. I did not even get a chance to open it use it yet.

11. tandeh macrumors regular

Ok while i'm waiting for my kickstarter flux (april 2014), i want a temp case what the best case under $45 (or approx £25, as i'm from UK) that covers front and back and has multiple angles like the lioncase.

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Their are not many cases with more than 2-3 angles but here is I found and recommend.

For home use I recommend:
    Poetic GraphGrip Silicone Case for Apple iPad Air (5th Generation iPad) Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
    http://amzn.com/B00CW1NBXI
    Anker® Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets, E-readers and Smartphones, Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for Apple iPads iPad Air, iPad Mini / New iPad Mini, iPhone 5S 5C 5 4S 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Tab 3, Note 8.0 10.1, S4, S3, S2; Google Nexus 4,7,10; Asus EeePad Transformer
    http://amzn.com/B00D856NOG

For travel use:
    Devicewear Slim iPad Air Case the Ridge with Six Position Flip Stand, Magnetic, and On/Off Switch - Black (RDG-IPA-BLK)
    http://amzn.com/B00G4EBO24

13. tandeh macrumors regular

i have the anker stand its great, which folios do u recoemmend, the devicewear has manynegative reviews, like it slipping out, and tabs breaking on the corners. I like the look of anker's own multi postion folio, but they are coming with magnetic on/off version soon and might move the position of the magnetic close flap away from normal holding, hand position it is currently in.

a

14. Zmanbaseball2, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

2,110 5 star reviews to 54 1 star ratio. I think it is a perfect case. It is a 5 star product overall on Amazon.
    If it does not work you can always return it to amazon.

15. tandeh macrumors regular

16. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

17. batotman macrumors 6502

I bought the GraphGrip before the Apple Smart Case. It's not bad. It could be stiffer (I really liked the slide on cases I had for the ipad 1 & 2) and does seem to attract dirt but still worth the $12. Certainly a much better value than my Apple case!

18. guitarguy316 macrumors member

does the moko have a lip that covers all the way to the top of the screen as opposed to just the side?

19. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

The whole back and buttons are covered with a little lip that goes above the iPads screen. Like apples smart case.

20. budmonster thread starter macrumors regular

So the MoKo iPad Air Smart Case is pretty much identical to the official Apple Smart Case? If so I'm going to purchase it as it's only $26 right now. I'm having a hard time finding a case that covers all the sides like the Apple Smart Case did. I dont like the plastic sides of some of these case I've tried, very easy to scratch the iPad's sides.

21. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

This is the closest case the apples smart case. I think you will like it.