What case/sleeve are you using for your rMBP in the UK?

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I'm trying to find a decent case which can be easily obtained in the UK. The shipping charges for incase are too high for me, and on the Apple Store Online all of the incase ones are apparently 'too loose' and not the retina version of the case... Amazon is full of junk as usual when looking for cases etc.

So what case/sleeve/bag are you using?

nett

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
i'm using a sleeve case from Acme Made bought from the store

it's actually made for cMBP so it wont tightly fit to the rMBP

i'm looking for a new sleeve as well

Hioctane

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
UK
I first saw this in PC World...
Tucano Microfibre Script Second Skin Macbook 15.4" - Grey
Looked nice, came with the additional keyboard cover, but was £30 and I'd still have to find something to put other bit like the power supply in.
Note: Just found it on Amazon for £23.99... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tucano-Microfibre-Script-Second-Macbook/dp/B001MHN110/ref=sr_1_4?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1346140470&sr=1-4

So I bought this to start with...
Staples 16 Pocket Laptop Sleeve
http://www.staples.co.uk/office-supplies/new-office-supplies/16-pocket-laptop-sleeve?r=bf
Super cheap, just to protect my rMBP while I found something better.

I then spotted this in Comet...
Port Designs Marbella Series 15.6 inch Notebook Briefcase - Dark Grey
Not too big, space for the essentials (power lead, USB Hard Drive, HDMI Cable, TB > VGA Adapter, etc... but it was at some silly price, around £50, so didn't bother.

Quick search online when I got home and found it on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SO8SE4/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

Works a treat! :)
However, the pocket for the rMBP within the main compartment is a little spaceous as it's not designed for such a slim unit. But the foam insert that was inside the cheap sleeve I bought fits perfectly to pad it out and provide extra protection :)

boto

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2012
Two sleeves that fit perfectly for my rMBP, Incase Neoprene Slim Sleeve followed by Incipio Selvage Denim Sleeve. I also use a Wrapsol skin protector and Kuzy case for extra protection.

Attachments

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Still waiting on a thule gauntlet that is made for the retina. I want a rigid sleeve, not a neoprene one, any suggestions people?

Also

GeorgeN111

macrumors regular
May 24, 2010
I have an iCarbons skin on mine, I think it looks beautiful with the skin on. I actually prefer the look of the computer with the skin on.

ScholarsInk

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
I'm using a ColcaSac. If you order two sleeves (bringing the order to $80), UK shipping is free so it might be something to consider doing along with a friend.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I'm using a ColcaSac. If you order two sleeves (bringing the order to $80), UK shipping is free so it might be something to consider doing along with a friend.
It's a nice idea but I don't have a friend to do it with.

playsontheleft

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2012
I'm trying to decide between this and this. Both a very similar price and the latter is made for the rMBP so I imagine will fit it better, but I prefer the material and look on the first. Anyone had experience with either, especially the first one? Does it matter that it'll be a bit big for the rMBP or is it still snug?

jffluis

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
I'm trying to decide between this and this. Both a very similar price and the latter is made for the rMBP so I imagine will fit it better, but I prefer the material and look on the first. Anyone had experience with either, especially the first one? Does it matter that it'll be a bit big for the rMBP or is it still snug?
Hi, I have the second one, the RainSuit since I will carry my MBPr on a Eastpak bag and on Winter this sleeve can protect my MBPr from the rain.

greygray

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
i'm using a sleeve case from Acme Made bought from the store

it's actually made for cMBP so it wont tightly fit to the rMBP

i'm looking for a new sleeve as well
Using the exact same case. Perfect, and I highly recommend it.

ducatiti

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2011
Still waiting on a thule gauntlet that is made for the retina. I want a rigid sleeve, not a neoprene one, any suggestions people?

Also
I'm in the market for the same sleeve. Mind sharing your thoughts and/or pictures when you receive yours? Thanks in advance.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I'm in the market for the same sleeve. Mind sharing your thoughts and/or pictures when you receive yours? Thanks in advance.
When i saying waiting, i mean waiting on it being released ;)

there isn't that is retina fit one yet.

Charlie