Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Any other cases out there with a stand other than the Spigen? Can't stand the Apple logo cutout.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Any other cases out there with a stand other than the Spigen? Can't stand the Apple logo cutout.

I'm looking for this too! That said, I did get my 1st case today, the Soft Flex in Dot Gray. My Lovvitt Clearview will arrive sometime next week and I'm waiting on Speck to release the CandyShells. :)

So instead I bought the Spigen Capsule Case
What do you guys think?

Wait. That's the case I have. Except Amazon calls it the Soft Flex? Anyway, I love it! Hope it fits well on the phone.

Last edited:

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Any of you ever try the incipo atlas ? what did you think of it ?

I have one for my 5S and I love it. I bought it when I was about to head to the Philippines to do some volunteer work and it worked wonderfully. We were working in extreme heat, rainy, muddy, humid conditions. Waterproof & drop proof (short distance) as advertised. I took it into the ocean when I went swimming. I will probably get one for the 6 eventually as well. I wish it had a removable wrist strap or something though for when you do go in the water.

I will say that it is harder to hear when the case is on, which seems to be a thing with cases like this. But it didn't bother me. I mostly just texted while I was traveling & used my earbuds w/ mic when I did need to have a conversation.

Last edited:

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
LMAO, I have done what I always do when getting a new iPhone: blow a decent chunk of $$ on a bunch of relatively inexpensive cases. I just took delivery of my 1st iPhone 6 (4.7") case--the Verus Iron Shield ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LOZ5U1E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ). I also already ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid EX bumper (as well as a Spigen glass screen protector as well as a tempered glass screen protector because of that promo code someone else posted). Once Power Support releases something, I'm sure I'll one of those too. :eek:

Holy crap, I knew the 4.7 iP6 is bigger, but geez, this case just dwarfs my iphone 5.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
What's the general consensus amongst the MR community here, regarding the Apple logo cutout on the back of some Spigen cases?

I have to say, I don't mind it. I've got a white Tough Armor with the cutout and I think that the black top and bottom, with the white centre really works with the silver back/black logo peeping through.

Just me? :eek:

I don't like it. i dislike any case that has it. i don't mind the transparent cases that show it but the cut-out hole is ugly to me.

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
I don't like it. i dislike any case that has it. i don't mind the transparent cases that show it but the cut-out hole is ugly to me.

Ditto this. Not that I would mind the logo showing, but I hate the cutouts. I'd prefer to not have a case at all, but I also know that my coordination does not allow for that! :)

I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid for myself... and some no-name soft shell for the wife... fully anticipating that I will get something new once the selection is out there.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
Apple black leather for iphone 6 plus. It will be delivered tomorrow. :)

I'm going with the Apple Silicone case for my iPhone 6. I chose it because

1. Color wont fade like the leather.
2. More durable.
3. Washable.
4. I like how both Apple cases have the cutouts at the bottom so I can use speaker docks and such with no problems.
5. Cheaper.

6. Silicone has excellent thermostable properties so having it in the hot sun is no big deal.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Ditto this. Not that I would mind the logo showing, but I hate the cutouts. I'd prefer to not have a case at all, but I also know that my coordination does not allow for that! :)

I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid for myself... and some no-name soft shell for the wife... fully anticipating that I will get something new once the selection is out there.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "the cutouts"? :eek:

jkess

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2014
I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid EX from Amazon today for my 4.7 64GB space grey that will be here 9/19 preordered. Here's the case I ordered, in the metal slate border with the clear back, no cutout:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LL6JQFW/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

It's going to be here Wednesday, so I'll have something in the form of my phone a couple days early :cool:

it looks like this is more of a bumper case, no clear back (no back at all), based on this video posted by another user. i has been hoping it was a clear case too! the little logo tab made me think that, but based on this video, it isn't :( please let me know when yours comes if i am wrong though!!

SAMCROforever

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
INCIPIO guys! I'm shocked nobody has mentioned incipio..These are among the best cases and this is all I have ever used on my iphones...

THis is the incipio feather, looks siiiiick! Exactly what I want from incipio to keep the phone slim. I know it will be a nice matte black like their other feather versions..These are not out yet but are available to pre order, shipping in 2 weeks.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...feather-ultra-thin-snap-on-case-iphone-6.html

I mentioned Incipio, I'm ordering two cases from them off of Verizon's site, and no pre-order, they ship immediately!

jmxp69

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
So I"m able to do that right now? which ones did you get ? the feather?

Edit : they only had the dual pro on verizon's site...The feather is not out yet so I'll pre order that from incipio.

I just edited my post to include that link right as you were doing it. I think that the incipio feather is the better quality version of that spigen. They both look good but I know the incipio will look and feel better. You get what you pay for with incipio, have you seen the reviews for the feather for the 4s on amazon? amazing.. We are buying expensive phones...dont go cheap on the cover.

I have both today. Can't tell the difference from one to the other without looking for a label. They've held up equally well. Feather on Incipio is 2weeks out on their site BTW.
http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...feather-ultra-thin-snap-on-case-iphone-6.html
ip6_incipio.png

PS Also have Elago and same story--same condition after a couple of years.

----------

This is another big mistake IMHO: http://www.seidioonline.com/apple-iphone-6-s/9383.htm Shocked they missed the boat on launch (actually, not really, I think they have a tendency to miss new phone launches). Cases are probably one of the first thing everybody buys before or immediately after the phone.

Of course, they got sloppy after IP4 and I stopped using them anyway. Loose fit/creaking.

Last edited:

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid for myself... and some no-name soft shell for the wife... [/QUOTE]

Just a thought....might not want to let your wife see this post;)

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for sharing this, my man. I just ordered the same one. Good price too.

Just got the gray capsule case from Amazon today. Looks pretty good to me! I usually go with the black Incipio NGP (and still will) but this should do the job until the NGP is available.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.