What case will you be getting?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D35P3R4T0, Jun 24, 2010.

1. D35P3R4T0 macrumors member

I am thinking about getting Apples bumper case, but wanted to see what else other people are getting.

What is yalls opinion on the bumper case? Enough protection?

2. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Have the Incipdio Dermashot coming today....will get the Feather once it's available.

3. carbonfly macrumors regular

I really want to see what Otterbox comes up with.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The Otterbox cases are looking pretty good. They had them up, but it appears that their site has crashed. I would like to pick up the Griffin Reveal today so I'm hoping that the Best Buy near me carries them.

5. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

I might get a Pixelskin or Candyshell case. http://www.speckproducts.com

But to be honest, I'm not sure what case i'm getting yet. Gonna wait around July and see if any nice cases pop up in stores.

The bumpers are nice but I wish they were under $24. $30 is a bit too much for that little thing.

6. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

I'll have to find something to protect the phone until Otterbox releases thiers...

7. MasterZ macrumors member

I just called otterbox and said while those on the site are just rendered images they just got their phone today and it will take a "couple months" to have a final release for their cases :mad: :mad:

8. nparmelee macrumors 6502

Using my 3G Sena case for now since the 4 fits in it nicely except for the back camera, the 4 camera is a touch higher than it was on the 3G. Will either get out a small file to tweak the case for the camera and flash or figure out something else later on when the other cases catch up. For now it is in a case though.

9. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

So didn't want to buy a bumper, but it seems I will have to. Belkin Grip Vue isn't still out. Ugh.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I'm just using a cheap case which I bought off eBay, it does the job and doesn't look half bad either, I would have gone for something better but after the amount I shelled out on the actual iPhone, I really can't afford too, I'm even using a Bodyguardz iPhone 3GS screen protector which I have attacked with a pair of scissors to make it fit the iPhone 4 lol, trying to save money where I can

11. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Incipio feather most likely, had one on my 3GS and really liked it except for the fact it would scratch my chrome bezel, but there is no shiny chrome bezel on the new one, so we should be good to go.

12. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

I just remembered I have an old Vaja case that I used on the 1st Gen iPhone, a long time ago. Well, it took a bit of effort but I was able to fit my iP4 in there perfectly.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The lid had to be stretched up a little in order to completely cover the front part of the phone, but it works for me! The case cost me $50-$60 but it's worth it. Real leather too. I'm totally satisfied now, I dont think I'll be buying another case thanks to this. Now all I need is those InvisibleShields!

13. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I am using the case I used with my (now old) 3G. I was surprised to see that it fit really nicely. Of course, it's a tad bit looser with the 4 than the 3G, but I can deal with that. The back camera is totally fine, so I am happy that I didn't have to plunk down $30 or so for a case! I will have to once I am able to see the 3G, but I will wait to list it on eBay once I verify whether my unlock I did yesterday worked.

14. anitrajw macrumors regular

Picked up an ifrogz case yesterday, hard candy bubble slider (on order) and will get the speck candyshell when that is available.

15. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

That's lovely! Congrats! :cool:

I'm amazed nobody has produced anything yet called the 4-skin :p

16. Streblo macrumors newbie

I'll get another revo case from iSkin when they come along. I have one now and it saved my 3G's arse many times.

http://www.iskin.com/iphone4/

17. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I love these!!! I signed up to be notified, but who knows how that will work out. I am still waiting to be notified regarding the iPhone. :rolleyes: