What cases can you use with a front + back film?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buffgrk, Dec 26, 2010.

1. buffgrk macrumors member

As the title states.. i bought the incipio edge thinking it would fit with the films but it seems to be peeling the film on both sides.. im using the incipio bombproof with it for now for work protection.. i wouldnt mind getting something abit more visually pleasing which has abit of freeway for the films?

2. scutts macrumors member

check out id america's cases. they actually include front and back screen protectors to be used with their cases.

3. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

4. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

you can use alot of cases with two shields on. electron and blade aluminum cases work, ngp neo hybrids work, apple bumper, ngp smoke i have works, as long as they are good screen shields they should be fine

5. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Been using the apple bumper and the replica ones from swbox.com with protectors since July with no problems.

I am getting sick of the feel/look of screen protectors though. I'm really considering ripping them off soon to just enjoy the naked look

6. Surely Guest

Surely

I bought the protectors that SWBox sells for $2...... I only use the rear one, and I can hardly tell that it's on there. I feel much better knowing the back of my iP4 is protected.

I have never used a screen protector on the front of any iPhone I've owned.

Oh, I rotate between the Apple Bumper and a couple of bumpers that I bought from that site as well, and it doesn't affect the rear protector at all.

7. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

So far i've used (that i can think of off the top of my head): apple bumper,switcheasy colors,otterbox commuter,switcheasy trim,capsule rebel,speck pixelskin hd, incipio ngp,schoshe bandedge, and they all are compatible with front and rear screen shields.

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Honestly, most cases will probably be compatible with a front + back film, but it also depends what kind of film your using. For instance any wet install films will cut down the cases that they will work with because these films are thicker and better to use with bumper style cases from my findings. Ever since I've had my iphone 4 I've been using a front and back film, and haven't had any issues with cases not working due to a back film. Like I said for best compatibility you might want to use a dry apply film.

9. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I'll add that the bodyglove vibe doesn't really work with screen protectors.

10. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

11. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Incase slider is horrible when front shields as well!!.. Maybe the worst case to have a front or rear shield on!!

12. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I use a Switcheasy Vulcan with front and back portectors without problems.

Dry screen protectors measure about half millimeter, so most cases fit without problem. The only problematic cases are ultra thin hard plastic cases like the Nude and Feather. Or thick protectors like Wrapsol.

13. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Switcheasy Vulcan, Incipio NGP, Otterbox Defender, any bumper style case.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

A lot. I think a better way would be for you to pick out a case you really want to get and then ask us if you could use front and back films. :)

15. alox macrumors member

i'm using Power Support USA Crystal front & back film with SGP Neo Hybrid Matte series case.

16. mpossoff macrumors 68020

17. TOYSTRY macrumors member

Not true. I have Apple's bumper and my Zagg peels up on occasion.

18. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

soft wet films like zagg are much thicker than dry aplication films and they tend to peel easily with many cases.

The bumpers and most cases work great with dry films like PS, SGP, and Switcheasy.

By the way most case manufacturers include a free dry film with their cases, like Otterbox, Switcheasy, SGP, Case-Mate. And some knockoff Apple bumpers.

19. LindenW macrumors newbie

My new favorite combo is the BodyGuardz Ciderz case (bumper) with a Gelaskin on the back. It works perfectly.