What Causes the Temporary Freeze on My New MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tolive, Aug 9, 2009.

1. tolive macrumors member

Just upgraded from an early 2007 MBP 2.16GHz to a mid-2009 uMBP 2.53GHz, used the Migration Assistant to migrate all the applications/files from the old MBP (running Leopard 10.5.7 too) to the new uMBP.

Now, on the new uMBP, I'm getting "Temporary Freeze" frequently, when it "freezes", everything stops working, then after about 30 seconds, at most 1 minutes, it goes back to normal again...This freeze happens almost every hour, just driving me nuts! I've done permission repair, verify disk etc, no help.

Anybody experienced the same thing? I searched in the forum but didn't get an answer or solution.

What causes the temporary freeze on my new MacBook Pro? because of the migration?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Now post some of your log using the CODE tag so we can take a look.

I assume you've repaired permissions and rebooted? Is there anything plugged into the MBP while it happens? What apps are running?

3. tolive thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I've deleted the other post.

Below is the log for the recent 3 hours, I've got several freezes during this time period.

Code:
    8/9/09 10:20:44 AM Adium[156] Attempting to correct for old proxy listobject, keyed Yahoo!.lisalu0-Group.Macro 
    8/9/09 10:29:45 AM Adium[156] Attempting to correct for old proxy listobject, keyed Yahoo!.ncadi-Group.Macro 
    8/9/09 11:42:25 AM iPhoto[540] Call to deprecated method ILApertureMediaManager::init. Please update your code to use ILApertureMediaManager::sharedManager: 
    8/9/09 11:42:25 AM iPhoto[540] Call to deprecated method ILiMovieMediaManager::init. Please update your code to use ILiMovieMediaManager::sharedManager: 
    8/9/09 11:42:25 AM iPhoto[540] Call to deprecated method ILiPhotoMediaManager::init. Please update your code to use ILiPhotoMediaManager::sharedManager: 
    8/9/09 11:42:25 AM iPhoto[540] Call to deprecated method ILiPhotoMediaManager::init. Please update your code to use ILiPhotoMediaManager::sharedManager: 
    8/9/09 11:42:25 AM iPhoto[540] Call to deprecated method ILiTunesMediaManager::init. Please update your code to use ILiTunesMediaManager::sharedManager: 
    8/9/09 12:26:39 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Contrast.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Contrast and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Geometry.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Geometry and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/VPT.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/VPT and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Bezel.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Bezel and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/ExtendedTouchSwitch.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/ExtendedTouchSwitch and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/PowerMode.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/PowerMode and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization. 
    8/9/09 12:26:40 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] objc[560]: Class O3Panel is implemented in both /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/Authorization.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/Authorization and /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions. Using implementation from /System/Library/MonitorPanels/AppleDisplay.monitorPanels/Contents/Resources/TVOptions.monitorPanel/Contents/MacOS/TVOptions. 
    8/9/09 12:27:54 PM [0x0-0x59059].com.apple.systempreferences[560] Couldn't find any matches.