What cellphone provider would you recommend for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memo90061, Sep 11, 2014.

1. memo90061 macrumors 6502

I'm currently on T-Mobile prepaid using an unlocked iPhone 5, and have been thinking about getting a plan lately with the iPhone 6. Which one do you think is better? Should I stay on prepaid? I'm currently on a 30 dollar plan per month, which only gives me 100 minutes per month, unlimited text, and the first 5gb at LTE speed. I rarely use all my minutes, so I don't know what to do.

I would like to get the contract free iPhone, but don't want to pay the full price. Would I be able to pay part of it with T-Mobile, and pay month by month or is that only for customers with a plan?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If you are happy with TMO, they are one of the most cost effective options, for sure.

I have been extremely happy with AT&T service. In the Boston area nothing comes close, not even Verizon.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

You have to be on a postpaid plan in order to make monthly payments on a phone. Otherwise you just have to pay full price for it all at once. If the 100 minutes $30 plan works for you then it's cheaper to just buy one full price and stay on that than to switch to postpaid and make payments.

4. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

Depends on where you live and how much you travel.

If you stay in NYC and don't leave it, TMo is good. If you actually travel and want working (and fast) service on major highways, only AT&T/VZW offer it.

5. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

I live in Los Angeles, and haven't had any problems with T-Mobile. I do come to Mexico very often, which is why I buy it unlocked, but money is tight now. :/ I've been in Mexico since June, but go back in 9 days.

I'll have to sell my iPhone 5 quick! haha

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

7. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Read the RootMetrics reports to help you decide what the best cell phone provider is in your local area based on the tests that they did.