Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HRHPrincess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
ok, so I bout a 2006 MacBook for like 50 on eBay. I'm only going to be using it to sync iTunes, and GarageBand. (And I might end up upgrading the hardrive and trying to put a duel windows operating system, but I, not sure if threat will work well,)
Anyhoo, the seller sent me info to buy an L shape connector, but I know that 2006 usually take T shape. Then he sent me a link this after I asked for clarification it said: Macbook-Pro-85W-Power-Adapter-p-16983.

And I have no idea how to figure out what charger works and won't work and if there are converters. He also says the computer runs Yosimite as it was updated to the latest operating system last month :/

HRHPrincess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
So 85 L will still work? Cause I contacted Apple and they told me only T. So when I'm looking for it on Amazon what do I need to look for to make sure it's not The wrong charger?

Queen6

macrumors G4
I use both "T" & "L" on all my 15" MBP`s and they range from Early 2008 to 2012

iu

The one on the left, it "T" type, middle is "L" type, and right is MagSafe 2 for Retina`s

Q-6

HRHPrincess

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you! Cause I'm going out of my mind trying to figure it out lol.
So all the Chargers work! Good to know!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.