What charger can I use?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HRHPrincess, Jul 3, 2015.

1. HRHPrincess macrumors newbie

ok, so I bout a 2006 MacBook for like 50 on eBay. I'm only going to be using it to sync iTunes, and GarageBand. (And I might end up upgrading the hardrive and trying to put a duel windows operating system, but I, not sure if threat will work well,)
    Anyhoo, the seller sent me info to buy an L shape connector, but I know that 2006 usually take T shape. Then he sent me a link this after I asked for clarification it said: Macbook-Pro-85W-Power-Adapter-p-16983.

And I have no idea how to figure out what charger works and won't work and if there are converters. He also says the computer runs Yosimite as it was updated to the latest operating system last month :/

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

85 Watt "T" or "L" more likely you will find the "L" type, adapter is only for the old chargers to step them down to fit the new Retina Notebooks

Q-6

3. HRHPrincess thread starter macrumors newbie

So 85 L will still work? Cause I contacted Apple and they told me only T. So when I'm looking for it on Amazon what do I need to look for to make sure it's not The wrong charger?

4. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I use both "T" & "L" on all my 15" MBP`s and they range from Early 2008 to 2012

[​IMG]
    The one on the left, it "T" type, middle is "L" type, and right is MagSafe 2 for Retina`s

Q-6

5. HRHPrincess thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! Cause I'm going out of my mind trying to figure it out lol.
    So all the Chargers work! Good to know!

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

As long as it`s 85 watts and MagSafe 1, don't buy the latest MagSafe 2 (new "T" type) for the Retina machines as it won't fit nor is there an official adaptor.

Q-6

7. Queen6, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

This is the one Apple recommends MagSafe 1 "T" type
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the lefthand pin it`s pushed in, should be same as the others

Q-6