Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zone756

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
hello chaps,

i recently bought a MacBook (October 2009 edition) and unfortunatley it will be sent with out a charger...

i search on ebay but there are so many models and versions i just got lost, the genius guy at the apple store showed me a charger for a MC461LL/A computer, the L shaped connector (magnetic) so im assuming thats 1 that could work on my mac.

im trying to keep costs low (of course) so both genuine and non-genuine are fine, the ebay sellers dont say much about compatability and searching for my model number gets me 3 chargers that look like the rest of them :S

cheers,

Last edited:

Zone756

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
thanks for the comments!

so any Genuine Apple laptop charger (L shaped connector) will work for my macbook?

Apple has never licensed the magsafe to a third party

thats what the genius guy said, something about how the power connector that is different from the genuine to the after market ones..

cheers,

logana

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
Scotland
thanks for the comments!

so any Genuine Apple laptop charger (L shaped connector) will work for my macbook?

There are 3 Apple Magsafes with the L-shaped connector - 45W, 60W and 85W

all will work with your MacBook but the 45W model for the MacBook Air should be avoided if you want to charge the battery and use the MacBook at the same time.......

Zone756

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
I was told to get the 60W so thats what im aiming for!

thanks again, :)

There are 3 Apple Magsafes with the L-shaped connector - 45W, 60W and 85W

all will work with your MacBook but the 45W model for the MacBook Air should be avoided if you want to charge the battery and use the MacBook at the same time.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.