What cloud backup are you using for photos & videos?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by acm1108, Oct 22, 2014.

1. acm1108 macrumors regular

What is everyone using?

I'm looking for an app that'll automatically back-up photos & videos I take.
    Whether it's OneDrive, Flickr, SugarSync, Google Drive... etc

iCloud Photo Backup isn't what I thought it was going to be. I thought iCloud Drive would store the photos to alleviate space on my device, but I was wrong.

2. Crusoe macrumors regular

I use Dropbox to automatically backup all photos and videos. Then I take a copy of each and store it in a separate location on my MBA (I'm unreasonably paranoid about losing all of my Dropbox content). Then I sync them back to my iPhone albums. I also take an external disk backup of my MBA, although I don't quite manage best practice by keeping it in another location separate from my MBA.

Dropbox is for me the most seamless solution, but I don't rely on it always being there.

3. acm1108 thread starter macrumors regular

I thought Dropbox had more than just 1 pricing option. Assuming you pay the $10 bucks a month, do you find it worth it?

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I also use Dropbox for my photos. Once I am infront of my computer, I download them to iPhoto.

I have a rather large amount of storage that I have worked up (all free) so I don't really worry about storage limits for my devices.

5. Crusoe macrumors regular

I use the free option. With the various bonus space gifts they've given out over time I have 7.4 GB, which is sufficient for my most important files and photos.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I use a OneDrive account and the iOS app. 30GB free.

Bad part: It changes the names of the photos for some reason.

7. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Guys does Dropbox and Onedrive upload photos at full resolution? Need one that does that.

Thanks

8. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

About a month ago I abandoned DropBox and PhotoStream and went all in with OneDrive and it's 40gigs of free storage. I moved my whole 15gig photos folder to OneDrive. Turn on iOS background photo sync in OneDrive and you're all set.

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

OneDrive for sure. Dropbox...yes...I'm almost positive.