What color combo will be best for resale?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mellofello, Apr 8, 2015.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I like to think that I won't be on her next year planning on getting another apple watch generation two. I know myself though I will get a new one every year. That being said which color do you think will be most coveted? I'm thinking black sport with black band in pristine condition, but I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

2. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

I agree with you , the black, though you would have to keep it in pristine condition.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

You are going to wear it for a year, pick your favourite colour.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

obviously everything will be proportional. The SS will fetch more than a sport. I do not think their will be a more "coveted" variant though. The black SS possibly.

5. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

You're one of those that covers their new sofa in plastic so the *next* owner can enjoy it?

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The Sport will have a lower cost of ownership because it's the least expensive so has less room to fall but depreciate more % wise. That's not to say any model will retain most of its value or that the resale difference between entry SS and Sport will be that great.

Example 1st year after release:

$400 Sport less 60% depreciation = $160 (cost of ownership $240)

$600 entry SS less 50% depreciation = $300 (cost of ownership $300)

This is only guess based on Apple products and watches, and keeping in mind Apple refurbs will help to cut the resale price. I would expect more depreciation % wise from the Sport if only because the band will need replacing is worn 365 days.

7. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Right! Enjoy the stuff you want without expecting to get a 99% return in a year or two for someone else to enjoy. If my 6+ wasn't so slippery, I wouldn't even have a slim case on it, but I KNOW I'd drop it, more than once, if I didn't.