All iPads What color iPad 5/iPad mini 2 will you be purchasing? (POLL)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lolaroxie, Oct 15, 2013.

?

What color/model are you planning to purchase?

1. iPad 5 - space grey/slate (black)

69 vote(s)
    37.3%
  2. iPad 5 - silver/white

16 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. iPad 5 - gold (assuming it's available)

19 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. iPad mini - gold (a i a)

15 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. iPad mini - slate/space gray

38 vote(s)
    20.5%
  6. iPad mini - white/silver

17 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. iPad mini - I'll take whatever!

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. iPad 5 - I'll take whatever!!

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. None of the above!

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Lolaroxie macrumors newbie

On the eve of the upcoming event, I thought: why not.

For kicks, after voting, post what size you'll be getting.

2. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

It'd be nice if there was actually a poll here.

3. Lolaroxie thread starter macrumors newbie

Well look at that!

4. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

If the iPad 5 is available in gold I'll get that since it's something new, but if not, I'll get the iPad in white/silver.

5. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

White iPad mini 32gb. Maybe gold but unlikely. 32gb is defiantly the sweet spot. Debating applecare+

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Will be getting iPad 5 white/silver in 128GB.

Already sold my iPad mini with money in my account. I so look forward to going back to the 9.7" screen. My body is now ready :D

7. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Debating between gold or gray to match my iPhone 5s. Debating between the two.

8. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I voted for the iPad 5 in White/Silver.

I've only owned black iPads (2 and 4) but my son and daughter each have a white iPad 2 and they look awesome. I've debated about going with the white iPad but since I use it as my main computer I worry that the white bezel might be distracting. However, since the bezel is going to be reduced I'm thinking it might not be an issue.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Will have to see them first, but definitely planning on getting a mini if it's retina.

Still completely undecided on colour, but it will be a 16GB (if the price increases) or 32GB (if price stays the same) model.

10. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

The iPad Mini will have a plastic backing cover and come in a range of colours.

11. Lolaroxie thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think that's a given...

12. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

32GB WiFi in Space Gray.

I've had 4 iPads with 3G/4G/LTE and I barely use it. I think this time I'll just go with WiFi.

13. Zeroleonheart macrumors newbie

Slate grey 16GB iPad mini. I use mostly cloud stuff, so 16GB is enough for me. I'm just hoping for a better camera!:D

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm planning on getting the Wi-Fi plus 3G iPad 5 in white/silver and 128GB storage capacity. I want the colour to match my new white/silver iPhone 5S. Personally I think the black/slate gray doesn't look good and isn't as nice as the white/silver. One thing I've noticed and this is purely psychological but the white iPhone makes the screen look bigger then the black ones. I currently have a Wi-Fi plus 3G 64GB white iPad 3 and I'm looking forward to replacing it with the Wi-Fi plus 3G 128GB white/silver iPad 5.

15. Lolaroxie thread starter macrumors newbie

Do we think gold will be an option? I selected iPad 5 - anything, but I was curious as to what people think. I will probably get a black one nonetheless.

16. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

No it's not but it wouldn't surprise me if it happens in the next 18 months.

I said that we'd have multi-coloured iPhones ages ago on here and got laughed out of the room.

The full iPad would remain in this style but I can see the iPad Mini going that way - if production costs/process made sense to Apple.

17. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I will be pre-ordering a 64Gb iPad 5 in Space Grey. I will also be getting a stand alone game controller for it as well as a smart case.

18. Semester macrumors regular

Semester

Interesting that a majority of the people voting here are going for the big iPad. Not saying this is telling for the market as a whole but it goes significantly contrary to the expectation that the mini will outsell the big iPad 2:1.

19. mfr1340 macrumors regular

ipad 5 and mini 2

I have been saving since I returned my ipad 4 when it was replaced due to blank screen. I didn't want to open it because I picked up a mini also. I was able to return the un-opened 4 to Best Buy. I have had the money just waiting for the ipad 5 to arrive. After using the mini I missed my full size pad. I just locked in my 64gig wifi mini for $429.00 with eCycle Best.
    I will get both models when they are released. I would have handed my mini down to my wife, (she has my ipad 2) but the eCycle Best price was too good to miss. Gazell was only offering me $225.00 for the mini. That was the same price that they gave me for my iphone 4s. That was too low for a 64gig mini wifi.

20. Lolaroxie thread starter macrumors newbie

Another question - Is the space gray going to be easier-ly (not a word, I'm aware ;) ) scratched or scraped? Which do you think of the white/black models will have a higher resale value.

21. F-Stop macrumors member

F-Stop

22. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

64GB Space Grey iPad 5, Would think about the gold but I had a white iPad 2 and hated it so swapped it out for a black one.

23. mrmarts, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

mrmarts macrumors 65816

With only 3 days to go, I am still undecided what colour to chose with Apple ousting the most sleekest and sexiest colour black. I am leaning towards a gold or white and silver, the space grey does not tickle my fancy it seems much duller than the black, to each to his own.

24. donnaw macrumors 65816

I would love a silver/black.. I prefer the black face. Oh well, I'll probably put it in a light case anyway.

128G grey/black I guess.

25. iWeekend macrumors regular

It will be in a case, so it don't matter what colour it is.