What color iPad pro 10.5 did you get and why?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by person123, Jun 18, 2017.

?

iPad front color?

1. Black

64.2%
  2. White

35.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person123 macrumors member

Just stepped into the Apple store. Blown away by that screen. I ordered one from best buy before even checking it out from all the reviews raving about it and went with the space gray model. However, after seeing in person, I think the bezels seem even smaller on the white faced models. Now I'm considering canceling my gray order and getting the silver model instead but I plan on keeping this for a while so I dont want to regret it down the road. What color did you guys go with and why?

2. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

White was the color of the iPad that the Pro replaced

3. mcaswell macrumors member

Most of my iPads throughout the years have been white/silver... I just like the way it looks.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I actually prefer my iPads to have uniformity across the display with a black bezel and display. It just looks more unified and makes the display look larger than what it is with the black bezel. Space Gray is my preference.

However, for my iPhones, I have the white bezel. Which I don't mind for smaller displays.

5. valinda macrumors 6502

valinda

6. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I got the rose gold. But since it’s always in a case, no one will notice the color of it.

7. xxray macrumors 6502

I'll be getting the Space Grey model. Ever since I've had a white iPhone 4S and 4th-gen iPad, I've hated seeing the black border around the screen in contrast with the white face. I like the stealthy look of the black face and how it fades into the background. Better for watching videos on too.

8. Stephencovar macrumors member

Free reason I went with black/space gray is because all of my Apple products are black or spaces gray.

9. dexterie macrumors regular

dexterie

Space grey.
    I prefer how the bezels look. It's less distracting and "cleaner". Besides, all my Apple products are SG and the only Silver/White I had was the iPhone 5S and, even though I liked that phone, when off, it looked like a panda :)

10. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

Went for Space Grey again, just like the look. Matches all my other devices.

11. yep-sure macrumors 6502

yep-sure

Again, not sure why such a question is limited to 10.5" purchasers only.

I went for Black/Space Grey on my 12.9". My last two iPads were white, and while I enjoyed each, it was time for a change and it's nice having it match my Space Grey SE.

After using both, I like how the content pops a bit more on the black than the white. Although white does keep that super clean, sheet of paper look, especially when looking at mainly white content like PDF's and Word Documents.

12. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I find that the white bezels of the last few ipads I have had have been white and make them less noticeable peripherally. So I ordered the silver for my new 12.9". I dont even notice the back color so dont have preference there. I am happy with this new order. Did happen to realize tho that my iphone 7+ has black bezels and I just love that screen.

13. person123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input! 12.9 are welcome too haha.

14. johnnybeagle macrumors newbie

johnnybeagle

I ordered the 10.5 with a white bezel. I've always had black bezel iPads and mostly black bezel iPhones so I wanted a change and I figured the white would make it a bit easier to find (it will mainly be a coffee table/couch kind of device and ipads tend to get lost under the pillows my wife likes to pile on the couch)

15. person123 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all for the input! I went to Apple again and I noticed the white bezel is what I prefer. But then I realized I won't be using the brightness 100% at home. So I knocked it down and it was very off-putting to see the bezel whiter and brighter than the screen. Just what I noticed. Amazing device

16. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

17. Sven11 macrumors 6502a

White/Silver because I think white tech looks more futuristic and reflections aren't as noticeable when looking at the bezels. Also, I like the contrast to the charcoal gray smart keyboard.

18. itsmilo macrumors 65816

itsmilo

Used to always go for a white model on both my iPhone and iPad but i got tired of it over the years so i chose both in black now. I have to say the bezel blends in a lot nicer. I always feel like the white iPhone 7 Plus is mich bigger than the black one

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.