What color laser printer or Brand should I consider?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jaybar, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502

jaybar

Hi

Currently, we have an HP Color Laster 3505 and we would like to replace it (maybe). Why

We are needing new cartridges and the cost, exceeds the cost of the printer! This sort of makes the printer a disposable item! A more compact printer would also be nice. Also its software drivers are not the greatest.

--We need a printer than can easily handle 50-80 pages of labels at a time, without requiring single sheet feed, We need to run mailing labels about four times a year.

--We print about 4000 pages a year.

--The cartridges need to be easy to install/change as i have some disability issues.

--it would be nice for it to be wireless, but not essential. If not wireless than an ethernet connection.

--low/modest cost per page . How do i determine cost per page?

-all in one not essential as we have a scanner than sends copies to printer.

--easy to install, We tried a sansung printer 2 years ago and could not get it to print with my mac mini and Leopard. Now i have an imac and the latest version of SL, so things may be different.

My Mac store caries Samsung and Xerox, but I am sure other possibilities might be attractive.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I shill for Xerox. I own two Xerox Phaser duplex printers. Built like anvils and as fast as lightening. I would be remiss if I did not tell you that many Mac users swear by Brother. However, Brother uses BR-Script3, PostScript clone, whereas Xerox single purpose printers use genuine PostScript 3.

3. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502

jaybar

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Go the to printer's website and read its specifications. You can get a good idea of the cost of a page be accounting for the cost of the printer, its life expectancy, and the cost of consumables. It will be less expensive than an inkjet printer--a lot less expensive.

5. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502

jaybar

Thanks MisterMe

Has anyone used OEM cartridges?

Jay

6. jaybar thread starter macrumors 6502

jaybar

oops

I meant Non OEM Cartridges from other manufacturers.