what color profile do u use for mbp 2011 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by webazoid, Apr 3, 2011.

1. webazoid macrumors member

I'm trying to find a good color profile for my macbook pro 13". The default one has my whites seem a little too yellow/warm. The Generic RGB profile looks better in that it's cooler/whiter. any suggestions? I'd like something in between.

Thanks.

2. articcine macrumors regular

I just use the default one. I haven´t really thought much about it, but I think the other options are ugly.

3. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

agreed. Too blue.

4. KoL macrumors member

KoL

Default one is too warm for me so I calibrated mine. You can try to calibrate it. I used Expert Mode.

5. johnnj macrumors 6502a

Why don't you try making your own? You can get a SpyderExpress3 for about $70 now.

6. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Just calibrate it to your own liking, do it by eye if you don't want a device.

7. webazoid thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Can u export ur calibration? I'm not quite sure how to tweak expert mode

8. superericla macrumors 6502

Personally I use supercal to calibrate my screen. It seems to work really well if you take your time calibrating with it.

9. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

Mine is for the 15" and would be mostly useless to you. There are instructions on how to use the expert mode but if you don't want to get into that, just use normal mode and adjust the white point of the display. Not as effective but probably better than putting up with the yellow tint.

10. Derango macrumors regular

Every LCD screen is different and using somebody elses color profile is going to produce undesirable results.