What color profile for MacBook Pro with External Display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vmv89, Aug 12, 2014.

1. vmv89 macrumors member

vmv89

I connected my MBP 13" Retina to external display with 1920 by 1200 resolution.
    In Display settings I chose resolution best for display. But I do not know what to choose for color profile? Which one is considered the best?

Generic RGB and HD 709-A are two profiles that look best for my eyes. But would like to hear any recommendations from you.

Thank you!

:apple::):apple:

Attached Files:

2. DigitalVT macrumors member

DigitalVT

No bother, but you've posted a query about your laptop in on the Mac Pro desktop section, it's fine, but just FYI.

In display preferences you have pictured, you can select Scaled which will give you further resolution choices, for more informed options.

In general, the default colour profile is the Generic RGB, option, that should give a fair representation of the colour gamut for "most" monitors. But choose the best profile that you like or make one up and alter it to suit you. If you like something more precise, there are Calibration devices that you can plug in and tune your screen for you.

Hope this helps.

3. vmv89 thread starter macrumors member

vmv89

Thank you!:)

4. carmona macrumors newbie

Indeed. These profiles are just standard and will not give you any correct colors.

Most screens are too bright and the colours aren't linearised. So if reliable colours are important for your work on your mac, be sure to calibrate with a puck like Spyder, etc.