What color Speck hardcase should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TSE, Mar 2, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I think blue,but all that said and done its a machine for doing a job not a fashion statement

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

None they scratch the heck out of it google speck scratched may macbook.....It messed up mine bad....

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i think it's going to block the fans?
    i don't know i might be wrong.. but that will add thickness to your notebook
    and if you have an MBP why will you cover the beautiful aluminum?
    just wondering

5. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I think I am going to go with the blue! I will try to post pics once I get the MBP and case.

And no, it's not going to block any fan vents, or any ports. The only reason why I am getting this is for protection and so my MBP can stand out.

6. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

it's really a matte rof taste.
    but even without it, believe me you're MBP will stand out..
    unless you're attending a steve jobs convention:D

7. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

apparently it scratches badly and i wont use one but I'd go with clear or black if i HAD to get one

8. hppenterprises macrumors newbie

ryox -
    we've sold hundreds, if not thousands of these, and have never had someone complain about scratching.

At any case - for me personally, I have the lime green, and it looks VERY cool. The Black is a popular color, as well as the new Aqua color. There is a PURPLE case coming out within the next couple of weeks as well.

Red is one of the original colors, but is also very popular. I love them - think they are great cases!

Fred

9. wrightc23 macrumors regular

I've owned one with my previous 15" MBP and they don't scratch your MBP as long as your careful putting the case on or taking it off.

Fitted rather well and definitely protected my MBP several times where I would have scratched it.

The only point it would scratch the casing is if your impatient putting it on or taking it off.

I've recently sold my 15" MBP and when I removed it there wasn't a scratch on the case.

It also doesn't affect ventiliation.

I'd recommend one.

10. Gretzky macrumors newbie

11. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Get the color that you like best.

I mean if 100% of the people tell you to get a color you did not like, would you get that color?

I've never heard of a notebook being used as a 'fashion statement'! :D:D

12. BlueScreenX macrumors member

BlueScreenX

I got black so that my computer stands out LESS. Dont feel like having it stolen.

13. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Yeah black will make it look like a Windows machine and be less desireable! :p

Honestly though, why would anyone want it to " stand out more "? It doesn't make sense! :D

14. tokiidokii macrumors regular

i have clear and i love it. seriously i don't know how it's scratching people's mbp. i mean is plastic harder than aluminum o_O? i'm just not buying the case scratching people's mbp and i'm really thinking it's user error.

i've already taken my speck case off twice (once to see if it does scratch the case and another time to clean my mbp). and NO SCRATCHES. who knows maybe i'm lucky. but anyway, the speck case already has scratches so i'm glad to see that it's doing its job :p

as far as heat is concerned, it doesn't seem to be an issue. the case is pretty open and the bottom has slits to let heat out.

15. paenguin macrumors member

paenguin

got me the black one too. taken it off three times and back again. not a single scratch on my mbp. i wouldn't say the same for the speck, goes to show it's doing its job pretty well, esp the bottom part. :D
    [​IMG]

16. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

yeah, i've had my clear case for atleast 3 months now. no scratches to talk of...and thats with occasional removal too. looking back, I would've gotten the black case if I knew it was available. either way, the speck case is great. it makes the computer feel more durable.

17. hppenterprises macrumors newbie

Very cool

I'm just surprised how many people take theirs "on and off". I mean, once I put on my green one, I've never taken it off except once ... when I had to take it to the Apple store to have the screen replaced.

You see - it protects from scratches, but not 5 ft. drops to the ceramic floor.

FM

18. puke macrumors regular

I think this is a personal matter tbh. Take the color you think looks best? ^^

19. comptr macrumors 65816

I have one too but dust got all over it evern if I clean it and mostly it has cracks inside of it. I wounder if they will replace it. I have the pachage but not the receipt. Maybe speck will replace it for free since their product stinks :mad::(