Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Let's assume the notch design is final, and that it remains black (and so does the status bar on the left and right corners of the screen). The design for the phone is glass front and back, along with stainless steel frames.

Obviously, a black color is going to be announced. I do also see a white color being announced, but only the back will be white glass. I do not expect to see Rose Gold, Gold, Red, or another black variation to be announced, as the back glass would look sort of tacky in those colors. I would however, kill for a Space Gray finish but we all know that isn't happening.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Let's assume the notch design is final, and that it remains black (and so does the status bar on the left and right corners of the screen). The design for the phone is glass front and back, along with stainless steel frames.

Obviously, a black color is going to be announced. I do also see a white color being announced, but only the back will be white glass. I do not expect to see Rose Gold, Gold, Red, or another black variation to be announced, as the back glass would look sort of tacky in those colors. I would however, kill for a Space Gray finish but we all know that isn't happening.

#1. Ceramic White (extra cost Option its that look at me Flaunt color WOW a Full White iPhone he must have money) Special 10th Anniversary Branding and Packaging maybe. Youtubers and Press will make you droll for this.
#2. Black.
#3. Silver
#4. 8 months Later a RED color option

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Between 2-3 colors, having too many color variant would be a mistake as they would have to diversity productions, and it could cause significantly bigger shortage for a specific color.

*cough* iPhone 7 Jet Black *cough*

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Between 2-3 colors, having too many color variant would be a mistake as they would have to diversity productions, and it could cause significantly bigger shortage for a specific color.

*cough* iPhone 7 Jet Black *cough*
Jet Black is the best 7 color though! I could do without micro-abrasions though. I wish we got Space Gray though. I hope it returns, but I'm not holding my breath lol.

Reactions: nburwell

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Same boring old colors. They're gonna hold back blue for the 8s, to have a reason for people to upgrade :(

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
As i have mentioned earlier here on I would like to have "White ceramic" just like this :-
IMG_0469.PNG
IMG_0465.PNG

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Just the jet black, I don't see any other colours happening. I think the jet black iPhone 7 was a test run for Apple. I would like a Ceramic version just like the Ceramic Apple Watch Edition, it looks gorgeous but I don't see it happening for the iPhone.
[doublepost=1501928526][/doublepost]
As i have mentioned earlier here on I would like to have "White ceramic" just like this :-
View attachment 711607 View attachment 711608

If that was real I would be willing to pay more than the rumoured £1000 for it!

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Obviously, a black color is going to be announced. I do also see a white color being announced, but only the back will be white glass.

It would be a mistake for Apple to not release a white front bezel.

The iPhone 4 became even more iconic after it was released with a white front glass. Even without the display turned on, everyone across the table could tell it was an iPhone and not an average Android slab.

In the past, the home button and top/bottom bezel told everyone you were holding an iPhone. In September, the notch display and thin bezel will be prominent.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

The iPhone 4 became even more iconic after it was released with a white front glass. Even without the display turned on, everyone across the table could tell it was an iPhone and not an average Android slab.

In the past, the home button and top/bottom bezel told everyone you were holding an iPhone. In September, the notch display and thin bezel will be prominent.

I suspect rose gold and silver will remain in the lineup this year, which would includes white bezels. I actually prefer a white bezel as I have always had space gray over the years. But I have no reason not to believe Apple won't introduce a white bezel again this year.

VertPin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015

The white bezel front notch will look far more distracting and ugly with the black status bar on the left and right. The point of the notch being black and the screen being OLED is that the notch will blend in with the screen.

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017

Hahaha a mistake for Apple 'not' to release a white front bezel. The entire purpose of the OLED display and cutout being that the black bezel will make it look seamless.

Boy are you going to be sad on launch day with that overwhelming feeling of being dead wrong.
[doublepost=1501968182][/doublepost]
I suspect rose gold and silver will remain in the lineup this year, which would includes white bezels. I actually prefer a white bezel as I have always had space gray over the years. But I have no reason not to believe Apple won't introduce a white bezel again this year.
You have multiple reasons staring you directly in the face. You just don't see them.
[doublepost=1501968285][/doublepost]
Same boring old colors. They're gonna hold back blue for the 8s, to have a reason for people to upgrade :(
Blue is not and never would be a premium looking color.

There are two colors that will look premium.

Jet Black
Milk White

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Hahaha a mistake for Apple 'not' to release a white front bezel. The entire purpose of the OLED display and cutout being that the black bezel will make it look seamless.

Boy are you going to be sad on launch day with that overwhelming feeling of being dead wrong.
[doublepost=1501968182][/doublepost]
You have multiple reasons staring you directly in the face. You just don't see them.
[doublepost=1501968285][/doublepost]
Blue is not and never would be a premium looking color.

There are two colors that will look premium.

Jet Black
Milk White
Doesn't matter if it's not a "premium" color. Blue is the most popular color in the world. Apple is missing out by not offering it in its products.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Very few want a blue phone

But this is Apple we are talking about. I don't know about saying "Very few" would not want a blue color. (Which could be dependent on the tone of the blue). Whenever Apple releases a new color, it's pure madness for those to who want the color. Partially because Apple is very minimalistic with the iPhone colors over the years, aside from the iPhone 7.

Before the Product Red iPhone launched, I never thought it would have been popular, then it was next to impossible to find one for almost two months before my Apple Store and carrier could even have one available.

Lastly, Apple has a strong cultic following. In translation, it doesn't matter what color they release, whatever color that might be, that color will be limited or will be sold out for months. It's just how it is with their product line and new colors. It's how it's always been, a blue iPhone is no exception.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
But this is Apple we are talking about. I don't know about saying "Very few" would not want a blue color. (Which could be dependent on the tone of the blue). Whenever Apple releases a new color, it's pure madness for those to who want the color. Partially because Apple is very minimalistic with the iPhone colors over the years, aside from the iPhone 7.

Before the Product Red iPhone launched, I never thought it would have been popular, then it was next to impossible to find one for almost two months before my Apple Store and carrier could even have one available.

Lastly, Apple has a strong cultic following. In translation, it doesn't matter what color they release, whatever color that might be, that color will be limited or will be sold out for months. It's just how it is with their product line and new colors. It's how it's always been, a blue iPhone is no exception.
Dude. If the red one was hard to find its due to Apple knowingly being extremely conservative on production of it....

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Dude. If the red one was hard to find its due to Apple knowingly being extremely conservative on production of it....

For some reason when things are harder to find, people become more intent on finding them. It's the whole notion of "Wanting what you can't have" and these companies play up on this immensely.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
Infiniverse48 said Blue is not and never would be a premium looking color.

In reply:

Pantone Process Blue
Pantone 300C
Pantone Blue 293

Take your pick.

Last edited:

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016

I'd love to know where you get your facts from. People are allowed opinions and to talk about what they think might happen or might be.

But all your posts comes across as if you're right on everything and everyone else is wrong.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I'd love to know where you get your facts from. People are allowed opinions and to talk about what they think might happen or might be.

But all your posts comes across as if you're right on everything and everyone else is wrong.

I do know it took me until December to find a jet black 7 Plus for T-Mobile in San Antonio. I called around constantly until I finally found a 256GB (which I'd really wanted just the 128GB) that I couldn't pass up because of how long I'd been searching for it. Weirdly, it was at a kiosk. So I don't think a lot of people thought to look there honestly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.