Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I thought it would be jet black. Like the jet black iPhone 7. But to me it more closely resembles the finish of the stainless steel band of the iPhone X/Xs/Max.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
To me it is jet gloss black.

Your "silvery sheen" could just be reflections as the black is highly polished.

Maybe someone else will chime in and give their opinion as colors can be subjective.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
OP, go to the Apple store and decide what is best for you. People vary in their visual perceptions.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My son reckons it looks like dark chrome.

It sort of alters the appeal based on the reflection of the light. It can look more a like a high gloss black in lower light and more of a ‘Gun-metal black’ In Lower light conditions. It’s one of the most unique bands with its color status, and by far my favorite band.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
It sort of alters the appeal based on the reflection of the light. It can look more a like a high gloss black in lower light and more of a ‘Gun-metal black’ In Lower light conditions. It’s one of the most unique bands with its color status, and by far my favorite band.

The watch and band may not appear the same under varying lighting. The OP needs to check it out. So far we have almost as many variations in description as we have responses!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.