Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
I have a Black 2 Gig model. I don't need the larger one since I change the songs on it weekly, and I never have the time to listen to "all of them".

It is nice having an ipod with a long battery life now. MY 15gb 3G is having battery issues, so I am now thinking about sending it off, or fixing it myself. While I wait, I am going to use the nano outside of my house or car!

raddsigns

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2004
Minnesota
I bought a Black 4G the day they were available at the apple store in Minneapolis, the black just looked sooo sexy and sleak. After about 2 hours I was already disappointed with the scratches and fingerprints it was showing, and happened to notice that on the back of mine, in the bottom corner there was a hole in the chrome back. So I took it back and exchanged for a 4G white and I love it!

Like everyone else has said the 4G is a way better deal for the money than the 2G.

servognome

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2005
Black 4GB, with "Don't Panic" engraved on the back, finally arrived today. It shipped 2 days after ordering from Apple Store online, then was stuck in Chinese customs 6 days :(

Spyharpy

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I have a 60GB iPod Photo and wanted the white nano at first. Black looks cool though. Went down to my Apple authorized seller but they didn't have any available but the employees had one that they bought earlier. Saw the white, it was great. Then I saw the black and the first thing that stood out was all the hairline scratches and fingerprints. That's all I needed to see. Ordered a white 4GB. Got it last week and it's great. Looks good next to my iPod Photo.

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
White. My Physics teacher got a black one like 4 days ago, i asked him if i could hold it, and i could tell he had wiped it. I got a white one yesterday, and I dont even have to think of wipin it, just the back :eek:

iPaul

d00kie

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2004
Hmmm...I thought there was a longer thread about this.

Anyway, I ordered a White 4GB model two weeks ago and it shipped last week. FedEx just updated the tracking saying that it left Alaska on Saturday but no word on it's destination. Must have reached the city already.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
2gb black. I am on track to win a 4gb white at work, though I will give it to our warehouse guy, since he is to able to participate in sales contests.

Any ways, I think the black one is sexier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.