Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I have been using Siri for a few days now, and I have had three 'easy' questions or commands that I thought would be no problem, yet it didn't figure out. And it should ask to "search the web" on a few other occasions...

"Create and alarm for Saturday at 7:30am to go volunteer." (It can't make alarms more than 24 hours out)
"What is the score of the Detroit Lions game?" (Should have asked to search the web if it didn't know)
"Show me a map of the Appalachian Trail" (Siri did know how long it was)

I know this is pretty new, and hopefully it will learn and improve as time goes on. But have you asked Siri any questions or thought it could do something easy and found out it didn't know?

Maybe they need to add in something like IBM's Watson to it's knowledge gathering system...or will that create true AI and the Terminator's SkyNet will become iCloud... ;)

neutrl

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
I have been using Siri for a few days now, and I have had three 'easy' questions or commands that I thought would be no problem, yet it didn't figure out. And it should ask to "search the web" on a few other occasions...

"Create and alarm for Saturday at 7:30am to go volunteer." (It can't make alarms more than 24 hours out)

Set a reminder instead, it's what you're actually trying to do anyway; remind yourself.

"What is the score of the Detroit Lions game?" (Should have asked to search the web if it didn't know)

I was able to get the score of the Eagles game, no problem...

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Siri has no problems making alarms for 5 minutes out, or 5 days out for me. I wish she would understand telling her an alarm for certain days. Like every Monday, Thursday, and Friday.

French

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
I tried to add an all day calendar entry for November 6th "Daylight Savings Time" and it didn't matter if I said "November 6, 2011" or "November 6", Siri kept responding that she couldn't create a calendar event in the past.

Uh...it's October...??

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
iphone5apple2011liveblogkeynote1559.jpg

Found a bug? Have a good idea for a feature? Make it known to those who can address it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.