What commercials have you seen a Macintosh in?

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I thought I would start this thread to see what other commercials there have been where a Macintosh is in the background that you can find. I'll start off:

Army National guard - the guy is going to a new job and its an airplane hanger. In the background you can distinctively see an iMac G5. They ask the one guy if he's ever worked on anything this fast (being the plane) and he says at the end, yeah in my last job.

ldenman

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2005
i don't know any commercials, but i do know that one is in The Royal Tenenbaums....its an iMac. :)

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
PowerBooks are in hundreds of product placements. Off the top of my head, two mail order catalogs we have in our home use 'Books: L.L. Bean and Sharper Image.

P.B. Teen also uses all kinds of Apples on their desks, furniture, etc. That's almost a Mac every other page!

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Nine Inch Nails - Only

Music video is completely centered around a Powerbook and a needle-toy-thing. Very cool video.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I just recently saw a Powerbook in a Panago commercial. Got 20 bucks cuz I bet my friend that I have that exact same computer. lol, we like to bet on random things.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
slooksterPSV said:
Army National guard - the guy is going to a new job and its an airplane hanger. In the background you can distinctively see an iMac G5.
I saw that commercial for the first time two weeks ago.

P.S. On an unrelated item, your signature line says "Find my Avatar offensive? PM me or Email me about it." Looks okay to me ... have others contacted you about it?

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I never noticed the iMac G5 in that Army commercial... and it's on every single night. :p Next time it's on I'll be sure to look for it.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Deepdale said:
I saw that commercial for the first time two weeks ago.

P.S. On an unrelated item, your signature line says "Find my Avatar offensive? PM me or Email me about it." Looks okay to me ... have others contacted you about it?
Yup - complained about it? Nope.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I know they are all over the place at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. You can't watch The Apprentice: Martha Stewart for five minutes without seeing a Mac logo...or so I hear anyway. *cough*

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
HiRez said:
I know they are all over the place at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. You can't watch The Apprentice: Martha Stewart for five minutes without seeing a Mac logo...or so I hear anyway. *cough*
The last candidate dismissed was David and he was seen taking notes on a PowerBook while his team met with Merv Griffin.

Cloudgazer

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
RSA
I saw a magazine ad for.... AMD processors.

The laptop was definately a powerbook, but the Apple logo was absent.

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Target uses Macs in their weekly ads (you'll see them sitting on computer desks, etc)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
There's currently an ad for a Dymo label machine airing over here that has a girl using a white Apple keyboard and mouse to help create her labels. And incredibly enough, the ad actually advertises the product as being Mac compatible! :eek:

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
Richard Lewis' assistant in "Curb" last night had a PowerBook. At first it looked like a 14" iBook, then in later scenes it looked like a 15" PowerBook. I'll have to check it out again tonight and verify.

The Reg

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Originally Posted by slooksterPSV
They ask the one guy if he's ever worked on anything this fast (being the plane) and he says at the end, yeah in my last job.
I remember this commercial :) But... I recall them working on a helicopter. I will have to watch again.

maddav

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2004
Manchester, UK
I don't know of any adverts, but the programme 'Spooks' on BBC has lots of Macs there, typically it's just the iMac G5s and HUGE cinema displays, but in the last episode we got to see a Mac Mini!!!!

:p