Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I just compared my 14 inch iBook G4 with my wife's 15 inch 1.5 albook and the reception is essentially identical, at three different locations in my house.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i have heard that the iBooks tend to get a bit better reception, probably because they are plastic and the AL books dampen the signal, although i would believe that the difference is negligible

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I was just wondering because I was in the airport the other day and theres wireless internet in there. I had my PB and my friend had his iBook, he had 2 bars and i had none, we were sitting right next to eachother. Do you think thats normal, or should i get my AP card checked out.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
ok, because it started to worry me when i wasn't getting anything and my friend was getting a solid 2 bars. Both machine are brand new. I'm sending my machine in already because it's making clicking noises when it shouldn't. So mabey they can fix the airport problem while there at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.