What connector is this.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by justperry, May 18, 2014.

1. justperry, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

About a week ago I bought this MiniDisplayPort to DVI connector on Focalprice, got it and thought I connected it to the good port on my Mac Mini 2013.
    It didn't work, but I didn't really looked where I put it, so now I did give it a better look and I plugged it into the RJ45 port.:eek:
    That's why it didn't work, yes, stupid I know.

Then I went on Apple's site and find out the MiniDisplayport should be the same as the Thunderbolt connector.

So, now my question is, what is this cable I ordered, if it is not a MiniDisplayport converter then what is it.
    It was cheap so I guess I won't bother sending it back, but I will contact them if it is not a MiniDisplayport to DVI adapter.

Cheers Perry

Edit: I think I might have found the answer myself but I want to be sure, it seems to be a Mini DVI (to DVI connector), if this is the case I will for sure contact them since that page is wrong then.

This is the page: http://www.focalprice.com/IM084W/Mini_DisplayPort_to_DVI_Adapter_Cable_White.html

Attached Files:

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Mini DVI to DVI. You got it right!

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

4. justperry thread starter macrumors 604

justperry

Strange that a company got this wrong.:confused:

Thanks

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Well sometimes things get mistaken on their rack and if they don't double check before it goes in the box then you get the wrong item. Mistakes happen but they shouldn't give any trouble taking it back.