What coolbook settings for 2.8 MBP 15" (T9600)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by earthdan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. earthdan macrumors member

Hey there,

was just wondering if someone with a 2.8 MBP 15" has undervolted with coolbook and if so, what are your settings?

So far anything I've tried just freezes my mbp....

cheers,
    Dan

2. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

I've installed CoolBook on 3 machines so far and I've had excellent results. Try to work your way down from the default values that CoolBook shows you after installation, and take it down one voltage value at a time.

First take the lowest voltage value and try to find the highest stable clock frequency with that. Then take the highest clock frequency (2.8Ghz for you) and try to find its lowest stable voltage value. Use CPU test to test each step (read both manuals that come with the CoolBook.dmg file for the correct CPU test settings.

3. earthdan thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the response.

Would it make sense that since the voltage range for the t9600 is 1.05V-1.2125 V as given on intel's website, that I should only be messing around in that range?

cheers,

Dan

4. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

I've got a T9800 (2.93Ghz) and the lowest voltage value CoolBook shows is .9000V, so that is as low as I went (and CoolBook allows me to). I reckon CoolBook will show an ever lower value for your T9800, and it's perfectly safe to (try to) use that voltage value. There's some user on this forum that also has a T9800 if I'm not mistaken, and he is able to run every clock frequency at .875V.

So give it a try Dan, and make sure you have adequate backups of your data before running CPU test!