What could I clean my clear shield with on my iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bobright, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

As long as the screen is off would it be ok to use something to clean my front shield? Something like Windex or antibacterial wipes?

I try to keep my hands clean when handling but just normal oil from my hands as well has me wanting to give the thing a wipe down

2. Frenchjay, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

A small amount of soapy water on a cleaning cloth will be ok. Don't apply any cleaning products on a naked screen. It will rub off the oleophobic coating!!

3. glen e macrumors 68030

I've heard this about the "coating" ever since I owned a ipad1 - I've cleaned the glass of ipad 1,2 and now 3 with everything including Windex with ammonia and never had the first problem with it. I clean it like I clean my windshield - it's glass...use a stylus and you have to clean it 1/10 as often....

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

iKlear works great and any other cleaner especially made for electronics like TV screens, computer screens, etc.

5. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Plexis or orange Pledge works great and leaves the screen slick and dust repelling. Have used this for almost two years on original iPad and the screen looks as good as the day it was unboxed.

6. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I think you guys misunderstood my screen isn't naked I've got a front shield lol

I guess the soap and warm water still works though

7. glen e macrumors 68030

then i'd ask the maker