Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanflucas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
Milwaukee, WI
I hear that Apple Stores don't have custom configurations available. My question is what counts as a custom configuration?

I'm planning on buying a iMac 24" 3.06GHZ 512MBGeforce 8800GS. I don't want to modify anything but I do want the following:

-- Wireless Apple Mighty Mouse
-- Wireless Apple Keyboard
-- Applecare

I know Applecare comes in a separate small box, but the other two would normally be packed in the box as wired devices. On Apple's online store you can upgrade to these devices for $30 or so each instead of paying full retail for them separately. Does this count as a custom configuration? Will the Apple store slice open the box and drop in a wireless keyboard/mouse and charge me the applicable upgrade rate? If I want these at the extra cost, would I have to buy from the online store? I might as well ask here and save a trip to their store if possible. :D

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Apple retail stores do stock iMac models with wireless keyboard and mice.

ButtUglyJeff

macrumors 6502a
Apple retail stores do stock iMac models with wireless keyboard and mice.

Some Apple retail stores stock iMac variations. If you can get it with the wireless mouse and keyboard, then its returnable within your 14 day grace period.

Applecare is a separate purchase, but you can hold off activating it for up to 90 days and still have full phone support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.