What Creative Things Do You Do With Your Mac ?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Well us Mac lot are ment to be very creative when it comes to things like Photo's and film , so what creative people do we have on the forums ?

what do you do with your Mac ? and do you get paid for it :D

Stinkythe1

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2005
One time I downloaded a bunch of Red vs Blue episodes and made my own series 1 and series 2 dvd using iDVD.

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
one time I got two lawn chairs, put them in the front yard, got my PB and WiFi'd it up.

The other lawn chair was for my feet.

I got sooo many mosquito bites.

it was horrible!

/creative? ME?
//AAHAHAHA
///one time I recorded myself.
////it was not pretty.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2005
I'm a web designer, both with the design aspect and the coding part. I also work with video production, both for commercials and with short films I write/direct/act in.

Hmmm... also do a lot of photography.

And, I'm a potential MFA candidate for creative writing, and I do that on a yellow notepad but the finished versions are always typed up on my powerbook. :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
FrankieTDouglas said:
I'm a web designer, both with the design aspect and the coding part. I also work with video production, both for commercials and with short films I write/direct/act in.

Hmmm... also do a lot of photography.

And, I'm a potential MFA candidate for creative writing, and I do that on a yellow notepad but the finished versions are always typed up on my powerbook. :)
very impressive , any of your work online to have a looksy :)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i am a writer, 1200+ poems written, mostly on paper, working on finalizing and typing them all up.

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
I mess around with Corel Painter alot. In the last year i've started making a few stop motion animations using action figures from my childhood. My most recent one is demo for an episode of 24 and before that i made a short james bond jr movie.

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
Web Design via TextEdit, Safari, FireFox, IE, Netscape, Terminal
Computer Programming via XCode, Terminal, TextEdit
Music Composition via Allegro, Sibelius
Image Editing via ColorIt!, Photoshop
Graphic Design via ColorIt!, Photoshop, Illustrator
Game Design (sort of) via Forge, Anvil, Marathon

Nothing too overly advanced. I get a little bit of pay sometimes for web design, but nothing else as of yet (hopefully in the near future though).

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I edit short videos with Final Cut Pro 5 (less than 30 minutes long) and do a lot of photography work with Adobe Photoshop CS...I don't get paid for either, but that's my creative outlet. I usually edit on a dual proc 2.3ghz G5 and do my photoshop work on my iBook G4. :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
OutThere said:
I edit short videos with Final Cut Pro 5 (less than 30 minutes long) and do a lot of photography work with Adobe Photoshop CS...I don't get paid for either, but that's my creative outlet. I usually edit on a dual proc 2.3ghz G5 and do my photoshop work on my iBook G4. :)
how did you change your name? avatar looks familiar ?

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Yes I think their plan has worked ... :rolleyes:

This random avatar changing business is messing with my brain.

Nothing much creative on my Mac. Some well written notes .. and that's about it!

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
puckhead193 said:
expanding my school papers from 1 page to 5, most of the time of complete BS :rolleyes:
when i was at school i just used to increase the font a bit and say i had bad eyesight :D

worked sometimes ;)

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
puckhead193 said:
expanding my school papers from 1 page to 5, most of the time of complete BS :rolleyes:
That's most beneficial thing I got out of my composition class. ;)
Also, be sure to include a very detailed definition of any word that you wouldn't use in everyday dialogue, a dialogue being a conversation between two or more people as a feature of a book, play, or movie or to take part in a conversation or discussion to resolve a problem.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Lets see... I've done some work in InDesign helping a graphic designer... Made a movie with my friends for religion class, edit photos, I want to be a photographer or graphic designer, that would be really fun. :)