What credit card mobile processor should I use?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tzhu07, Aug 11, 2014.

1. tzhu07 macrumors regular

tzhu07

For sparse transactions.

I figured they're free, so I collected them all :cool:

[​IMG]

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I use Square. Have never had a problem with them in several hundred transactions. Accept all major cc's and minimal fee's. Very pleased with them so far. I am in Canada.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I guess more people would know paypal more than the other ones.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I see square more often then the others.

I'd look at the terms and see which one has the best terms for your needs.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

I've only used PayPal at work since their non-profit CC fees are pretty much the lowest around, plus you get two card swipers for free.

6. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I use the PayPal one since it's the only one I have and I don't really have a business use for the device. I mainly use it when people owe me money since I have a PayPal debit card (w/ 1% cash back) linked to my checking account.

8. r i c h macrumors member

After dealing with quite a few payment processors (traditional and mobile) I have settled on PayPal for all transactions. We've processed tens-of-thousands of transactions using PayPal and have yet to deal with any issues. We are set up with extremely low processing fees (much lower than Authorize.net, Square, etc) and they helped defend us against our one and only chargeback (the customer was attempting to get his products for free and PayPal stepped in and put an end to it).

If you do end up using PayPal, for commercial transactions, make sure you use PayPal's virtual terminal (manager.paypal.com) for any hand entered (card not present) credit card transactions. Should you manually enter the info directly into the mobile app there are additional fees and they will hold the funds for 72-hours.

9. malman89 macrumors 68000

FYI, Amazon has come (or is coming?) out with one as well, with a 1.75% promo fee until 2016, if that's your main concern.

10. PeterCasrol macrumors newbie