What cydia apps do you use/Recomend?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Acronym, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

hey i have been jailbroken for a few hours now and have already downloaded cycoder winterboard and themes.

I'm just curious as to what you guys like to use and any applications you think are worth downloading?

2. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

On the third page is a thread with this information. Still haven't mastered the forum search function yet?

3. slickcdb macrumors member

I have to bring up something here. What is up with people in this forum here and the seach button? Can anyone just get some advice without having to use the search? People want opinions for the most part. If we wanted to have a search we would just use google every time. Sorry but I just had to get on my soapbox.

As far to answer you question about the apps. I'm still in the process of getting my iphone jailbroken. This it actually turning out to be a bigger task that I thought it would be.

4. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

agreed people get kind of annoyed cause people wont search.

5. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Why have multiple threads all dealing with the exact same topic?

People can learn a lot by reading threads.

It's one thing if people search and can't find something. It's another thing when they simply want other people to do their work for them, i.e., they are lazy.

6. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

We could give you a list but to be honest I found it t be very educational to scroll through each of the categories. I am not tryin to blow your question off but taking the time to read the brief descriptions is worth while.

Load up and delete, play play play then figure out what you might want, write hem down, then restore and rejailbreak, load only what you need.

The reasn I say that is because there is a lot f stuff that you really don't need as a user.

Somethings to look at is the Big Boss stuff
    SB Settings
    Process SB
    i beleive those two have taken the place of Extended preferences.

Take a look at those for starters.

After that you will probably find you need to add some repositories,
    Check back when you are ready but to be honest google was good for that.
    There are some good threads here on jb stuff, modmyi.com, iphonehacks.com (can I list that site if not sorry and delete)

Scott

7. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Backgrounder. AWESOME! I just wished it would pop up with notifications on the home screen or something :D

Speaking of which does anyone know if there's a curtain-drop thing like Android out there for the iPhone? That would be fantastic!

8. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Backgrounder ABSOLUTE.

Here is whas on mine
    Air horn
    Att carrier logo
    Attachments to mail to
    Backgroundgrounder
    Big boss source blue wifi logo
    Catergories
    Find in page
    Five dock
    Flash light
    Irealsms (pay)
    Ireboot
    Make it mine
    Mobile installation patch
    Modmyi .com
    Moonphase
    Pdanet 1.33
    Safari addon plugins
    Snapature (pay)
    Volpover3g (so you can download when on Edge fools appstore thinking u r on wifi)

9. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Uh, I dunno what VoIPover3G you've been downloading, but it doesn't work on the App Store or the iTunes Store. The developer thought it would, but it doesn't.

10. skasol macrumors 6502

Hi, I am interested in knowing what the attachment to mail is? is that for you to be able to select any attachment on your mail message, i.e photos (more than 1) etc? and if so do I need to add new repo to find it? what's the name of the app?

TIA

11. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

No idea. haven't hada chance to look at it.

12. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Cycorder
    BossPrefs
    backgrounder
    Installous
    MxTube
    Winterboard (very few themes, just things like different signal bars, reflective dock etc)
    Game emulators & ROMs
    Apt and App backup
    Poof
    And a few other add-ons, ringtones etc.

That's basicly it for my phone. I did have catagories, but by the time you've got to your folder and it's finished loading it up, I could've got to the app anyway. So instead of having a 'games' folder, I have a games page instead. :)

Oh and also there's this thing called imobilecinema (something like that) that enables videos on almost any site! :)

Edit: And 5 icon dock, although I could live without it. :p OH OH OH! And Status Notifier of course! :D

13. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I believe that was a mistake on their part. ;)

That package is "attachment= for malito:". It sends attachments using filenames in URLs.

14. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

ilocalis

Free for 10 days, then you have to donate like $7 a year to use it. Very worth it.

www.ilocalis.com

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I pretty much only use SBSettings (for quick BT on/off) and Cycorder. The only problem now is that my iPhone won't produce an acceptable backup (one with no date). Therefore I couldn't restore from it if I wanted to. Anyone know how to fix that?

16. Surely Guest

Surely

I guess the appeal of this app is if your iPhone gets stolen. But if the thief restored the phone, wouldn't that app be wiped off the phone and then become useless?

17. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I'm not sure. The guy who makes this app said there will be a remote wipe feature shortly, so there might be some way it can still be tracked.

18. ezekel macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

cycorder
    Snapature
    Sbsettings
    Categories
    Five dock
    Backgrounder

Those are the apps I use the most. Categories is nice for the apps you uae but not as often as the others. I have more but forgot what they are.

19. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

iBlackList. Brilliant app for filtering calls. A free (albeit limited) version is available but if you pay a one-off fee then a variety of additional features are also available. I think there is another app available which does this, I may be wrong but I think it is called 'MCleaner'? I don't know whether that is free or if it requires a license fee to be paid in order to access all features.