Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
hey i have been jailbroken for a few hours now and have already downloaded cycoder winterboard and themes.

I'm just curious as to what you guys like to use and any applications you think are worth downloading?

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
hey i have been jailbroken for a few hours now and have already downloaded cycoder winterboard and themes.

I'm just curious as to what you guys like to use and any applications you think are worth downloading?

On the third page is a thread with this information. Still haven't mastered the forum search function yet?

slickcdb

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2008
I have to bring up something here. What is up with people in this forum here and the seach button? Can anyone just get some advice without having to use the search? People want opinions for the most part. If we wanted to have a search we would just use google every time. Sorry but I just had to get on my soapbox.

As far to answer you question about the apps. I'm still in the process of getting my iphone jailbroken. This it actually turning out to be a bigger task that I thought it would be.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
I have to bring up something here. What is up with people in this forum here and the seach button? Can anyone just get some advice without having to use the search? People want opinions for the most part. If we wanted to have a search we would just use google every time. Sorry but I just had to get on my soapbox.

As far to answer you question about the apps. I'm still in the process of getting my iphone jailbroken. This it actually turning out to be a bigger task that I thought it would be.

agreed people get kind of annoyed cause people wont search.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
What is up with people in this forum here and the seach button? Can anyone just get some advice without having to use the search? People want opinions for the most part. If we wanted to have a search we would just use google every time. Sorry but I just had to get on my soapbox.

Why have multiple threads all dealing with the exact same topic?

People can learn a lot by reading threads.

It's one thing if people search and can't find something. It's another thing when they simply want other people to do their work for them, i.e., they are lazy.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
We could give you a list but to be honest I found it t be very educational to scroll through each of the categories. I am not tryin to blow your question off but taking the time to read the brief descriptions is worth while.

Load up and delete, play play play then figure out what you might want, write hem down, then restore and rejailbreak, load only what you need.

The reasn I say that is because there is a lot f stuff that you really don't need as a user.

Somethings to look at is the Big Boss stuff
SB Settings
Process SB
i beleive those two have taken the place of Extended preferences.

Take a look at those for starters.

After that you will probably find you need to add some repositories,
Check back when you are ready but to be honest google was good for that.
There are some good threads here on jb stuff, modmyi.com, iphonehacks.com (can I list that site if not sorry and delete)

Scott

TheMBC

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2008
Backgrounder. AWESOME! I just wished it would pop up with notifications on the home screen or something :D

Speaking of which does anyone know if there's a curtain-drop thing like Android out there for the iPhone? That would be fantastic!

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Backgrounder ABSOLUTE.

Here is whas on mine
Air horn
Att carrier logo
Attachments to mail to
Backgroundgrounder
Big boss source blue wifi logo
Catergories
Find in page
Five dock
Flash light
Irealsms (pay)
Ireboot
Make it mine
Mobile installation patch
Modmyi .com
Moonphase
Pdanet 1.33
Safari addon plugins
Snapature (pay)
Volpover3g (so you can download when on Edge fools appstore thinking u r on wifi)

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
Volpover3g (so you can download when on Edge fools appstore thinking u r on wifi)

Uh, I dunno what VoIPover3G you've been downloading, but it doesn't work on the App Store or the iTunes Store. The developer thought it would, but it doesn't.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Backgrounder ABSOLUTE.

Here is whas on mine
Air horn
Att carrier logo
Attachments to mail to
Backgroundgrounder
Big boss source blue wifi logo
Catergories
Find in page
Five dock
Flash light
Irealsms (pay)
Ireboot
Make it mine
Mobile installation patch
Modmyi .com
Moonphase
Pdanet 1.33
Safari addon plugins
Snapature (pay)

Hi, I am interested in knowing what the attachment to mail is? is that for you to be able to select any attachment on your mail message, i.e photos (more than 1) etc? and if so do I need to add new repo to find it? what's the name of the app?

TIA

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Hi, I am interested in knowing what the attachment to mail is? is that for you to be able to select any attachment on your mail message, i.e photos (more than 1) etc? and if so do I need to add new repo to find it? what's the name of the app?

TIA

No idea. haven't hada chance to look at it.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Cycorder
BossPrefs
backgrounder
Installous
MxTube
Winterboard (very few themes, just things like different signal bars, reflective dock etc)
Game emulators & ROMs
Apt and App backup
Poof
And a few other add-ons, ringtones etc.

That's basicly it for my phone. I did have catagories, but by the time you've got to your folder and it's finished loading it up, I could've got to the app anyway. So instead of having a 'games' folder, I have a games page instead. :)

Oh and also there's this thing called imobilecinema (something like that) that enables videos on almost any site! :)

Edit: And 5 icon dock, although I could live without it. :p OH OH OH! And Status Notifier of course! :D

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC

TIA

I believe that was a mistake on their part. ;)

That package is "attachment= for malito:". It sends attachments using filenames in URLs.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I pretty much only use SBSettings (for quick BT on/off) and Cycorder. The only problem now is that my iPhone won't produce an acceptable backup (one with no date). Therefore I couldn't restore from it if I wanted to. Anyone know how to fix that?

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
I guess the appeal of this app is if your iPhone gets stolen. But if the thief restored the phone, wouldn't that app be wiped off the phone and then become useless?

I'm not sure. The guy who makes this app said there will be a remote wipe feature shortly, so there might be some way it can still be tracked.

ezekel

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2004
Royal Oak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

cycorder
Snapature
Sbsettings
Categories
Five dock
Backgrounder

Those are the apps I use the most. Categories is nice for the apps you uae but not as often as the others. I have more but forgot what they are.

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2006
iBlackList. Brilliant app for filtering calls. A free (albeit limited) version is available but if you pay a one-off fee then a variety of additional features are also available. I think there is another app available which does this, I may be wrong but I think it is called 'MCleaner'? I don't know whether that is free or if it requires a license fee to be paid in order to access all features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.