General What Cydia tweaks you'll keep/ditch after IOS7?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Steve-Jobs, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Steve-Jobs macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

New Lockscreen notification widget looks very similar to NC settings, as well as Auxo. Any other Tweaks you're thinking of keeping or ditching?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't have iBlacklist installed any more, but that's one tweak I won't need if iOS 7 does indeed have call blocking.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

From what I've read, the call blocking feature in iOS 7 is very minimal by comparison to iBlacklist. You can't block "unknown" or "blocked" numbers, there's no whitelist, no scheduling function, no way to see if someone called (unless they leave a message), you can't keep them out of your voicemail, and it blocks both voice & text with no option to do either/or. I haven't played with it personally yet, and things may have changed since then, but these are all things that have been noted in the iOS 7 forum here.

While it's an improvement over having no blocking function at all, it's nowhere near to the level of functionality & customization that iBlacklist has allowed me for the last three years. So that's one I won't be giving up, though I'm sure for others the new blocking feature will be more than enough.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

I may install it or just stick with what I have. Right now I am using Ringer X VIP and adding any number I don't care for to a blocked caller contact. Ringer X VIP has that contact muted for everything. Works for me because I never get ANY notification. I like iBlacklist but it seemed to interfere with Ringer X VIP.

Anyway, ultimately it doesn't too much matter. I'm on Sprint and Sprint has free, unlimited call blocking. Any number that I REALLY do NOT want to hear from ever again I add there. THAT blocking treats the caller as if my number is not in service at all and they get notified as such.

5. Ent macrumors regular

6. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

keep: none that I can think of
    ditch: auxo, ncsettings,

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Wish I'd have known about Ringer X VIP earlier. I have used iBlacklist but the bummer is when you switch iPhones the developer makes it extremely difficult to transfer the license.

I ended up purchasing a second license and at $12. a pop, get's to be a bit much.

I've also downloaded a silent ringtone and use it on unknown calls. There is still a call history but it is the next best thing.

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

You should ditch Auxo regardless of iOS7, it is known to cause many issues

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

MyWi or TetherMe. Only cosmetic thing I'd need to jailbreak for. Other than that, OpenSSL/OpenSSH, and if one becomes available (depends on what ATT/VZW does), an unlock.

BL.

10. Steve-Jobs thread starter macrumors 6502

Steve-Jobs

I'm definitely keeping bitesms. and probably don't need Auxo as the new notification centre looks nice.
    Not sure about NCSettings, I quite like the icon resizing and being able to hide stock icons.
    Also i'm wondering if there'll be a tweak for who hate the new-look icons and go back to 6x look? probably in Winterboard...

11. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Requirements for me...

BiteSMS, MyWi, 3gUnrestrictor, and SBSettings

Those are the only four that are a must.

I'd love to keep Iconoclasm, Springtomize, and WinterBoard.

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

A couple of Cydia streaming apps, but as far as tweaks:
    Unlimtones
    3G unrestrictor
    Tether me since my plan can't activate the official one. I have only used it 2-3 times in he last two years when I needed Internet though.

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

I'll ditch as few as possible, Apple has some sollutions but i don't see any adequate sollution for the many tweaks i have

14. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Ditto here. The reason ill always jailbreak is because as Apple adds new, cool and useful features, jailbreak devs will find ways to tweak these new features and make them better. I don't care how much Apple improves iOS, jailbreaking makes iOS better so as long as there's a public jailbreak, I will always jailbreak my device.

Really looking forward to buying the new 5s! I typically upgrade on the "s" cycle instead of the number upgrades. This is gonna be a good fall season! New iphone, xbox one, hockey season, football season, and last but not least, my birthday!

15. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Enjoy!
    You only turn 14 once!

I joke... too easy. . .

:)

16. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

:). Hahah. I know its cheesy, especially at my age. Not only am I not a teenager, but I'm not even in my 20's lol. I normally don't care so much for my birthday but this year is different. I live far from my family and this year a bunch of them are flying into town so it'll be great to see the fam!

Hopefully we'll get a jailbreak in the next few months as that'll be icing on the cake! (sorry, that's bad I know, I couldn't resist the pun :))

17. scapegoat81 macrumors 6502a

scapegoat81

I would really hate to get rid of Zephyr. Hopefully chpwn will reconfigure some things to where it's still useable. I really need Zephyr

18. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I have a feeling that Acubed will release Auxo 2.0 that will greatly improve the current multitasking menu.

Same goes for a few other tweaks.

But I went through my list of tweaks that I had installed before I went to iOS 7, and I am removing around 20 or so.

19. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

Quick reply

Will ios 7have a quick reply for messages?

20. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

I feel you pain - since the home button is pooped on the iPhone, I rely heavily on Zephyr...!!

Perhaps I am old skool - but I enjoy using CyDialer...!!

Curious though, are there many Cydia developers still working behind the scene on their apps, been pretty quiet of lately?!

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OFF TOPIC: Those of you using Zephyr, what does it offer over an Activator action for the home button?

I've looked at it and I don't really care for what I see. My home button works, but I also use an Activator action as a backup.

22. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

It is infinitely more responsive than activator. I felt the exact same way. Double tapping the home button to open the task switcher seems archaic after using zephyr. Sure you can use activator, but you have to find that "spot" to engage the action. With zephyr, you swipe anywhere on the bottom. Plus you can set the sensitivity levels. The same holds true for the sides and switching apps by swiping left or right. On top of sensitivity, you can set whether you want the whole edge to be open for swiping, or limit it to 3/4, 1/2, 1/3, etc. this is extremely useful for apps which have built in swiping capabilities (like the dolphin browser along with many other apps). You can also disable zephyr in specific apps if you would like. I don't do this. I just limit the sides to the bottom third of the screen so I can still use ech app's native swiping. Zephyr also opens the notification center more efficiently. Instead of pulling the bottom of the NC to expose, your pulling the top of your screen down to show the NC. This is great because I put my frequently used NC stuff at the top, so I just have to pull down my screen a little bit to show the stuff at the top. Without zephyr, I would have to pull my NC all the way down to see the top of the NC.

I hesitated for a long time before buying zephyr. I instantly fell in love with it. I used to use activator and the stock action of double tapping home. Now I hardly ever touch my home button. Swiping feels wayyyyy more natural.

Obviously, I highly recommend it. Yea its pricey for a tweak but the amount of use you get out of it makes it totally worth it. Every single time I use my phone I use zephyr. Because of what its designed to do, there isn't a tweak in cydia which you use more. It's that simple. That's why the price is justified.

23. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Thanks Bumps. I'll take a second look at it. I have some other tweaks plus some Activator actions that already use swipes so it'd be a matter of integrating that I think. But, well, I don't know. I guess if I don't care for it I can always uninstall it. God knows the number of tweaks I've paid for already and don't have installed. But worth a second look I think.

Thanks again.

24. Vetvito macrumors 6502a

Love Zephyr and miss it a lot.

I need Zephyr and BiteSMS. AnyAttach, PushTone, I those too.

25. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Any time bro! You are right though, if you don't like/need it then just uninstall it. My expectation is you won't uninstall it but I've been wrong in the past! Either way, if you buy it, you're supporting one of the best devs out there. That has some value in itself...although prolly not $5 worth lol. I think I bought it on sale at $3. Can't quite remember. I have also purchased a bunch of tweaks ill never use again.

If you decide to buy it, let me know what you think.