What data plan to add to current att account for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kenal0, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Kenal0 macrumors regular

I have used jailbreak and independance to activate my iphone to use with my att sim from my blackberry with unlimited blackberry data plan. Works fine without any problems or additional charges.
    My daughter wants an iphone for Christmas and currently has a razr.
    She is on my corporate plan so I need to know what data plan to add to her account to use an iphone? I do not want to add the wrong account and get hit with a huge bill!!
    Thanks

2. ventro macrumors 6502a

Any unlimited data plan should be fine, assuming you are going to jailbreak and unlock her phone, too.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Since you are already an AT&T...

Cingular Wireless Customer you should go with the $20 unlimited data package. :cool:

4. Kenal0 thread starter macrumors regular

I am trying to indentify which plan is the 19.99 unlimited plan. I will jailbreak but since I am using it on att I do not need to unlock, just jailbreak and activate with independance.
    They have lots of plans but I cannot figure out which one. The reason I want the exact name is that the cs rep will as which phone I have and I will make sure I say that I have one that the plan will work on. Anyone have the exact name of the plan from their bill?
    Thanks
    Kenal0

5. inzaneip macrumors newbie

iphone

Hey Kanel
    i am sorry for being ignorant about this, you said above that you took you sim out of your Blackberry which has the BES data plan and unlocked your iphone with jailbreak and this other software and once you insert your sim in iphone your data plan works without a problem?
    if thats what you did please reply back here because i have the 59.99 pda at&t plan and i don't want to downgrade to $20.00 data plan because i switch sims every now and then!

all i want to do is use iphone with my current data plan! is it possible?

6. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

it's called the iphone data plan, which is different than their other data plans so once you tell them you have an iphone they will start off with the bASIC meaning the 20.00 plan with 200 text. all their data plans have unlimited but if you want more text messages it will go up. 30.00 for unlimited data and 1500 text and so on