All iPads What defects do I need to look for on new Ipad Air screen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by princebig7, Nov 2, 2013.

1. princebig7 macrumors member

I'm reading alot of post on all these defects people are seeing with the Air's screen. How do I check for light bleeding, color patterns and everything else a newbie wouldn't know to look for? lol Mine is being shipped and would like to know what to look for as soon as I get it. Thanks in advance to all the macrumor experts!

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If you need to look to find defects, and you are totally influenced by threads claiming defects, you are suffering from mass hysterics. In other words, don't look for things wrong and more than likely you won't find any.

Life lesson for the day. You are welcome.

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Doesn't mean there is not an issue. Millions go about using IPads daily oblivious.

4. skillwill macrumors regular

You are reading about it so much because people who have a problem are pissed but, as with every year, the 99% of people who don't have a problem are busy enjoying their iPads and not complaining. So reading online forums makes you think "my goodness there must be something wrong with every single iPad" when that in fact is not the case at all

5. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

If I look hard enough, I'll find an issue with you. Just because you don't see your own faults, does that make you oblivious?

6. AppleRobert macrumors 603

We can play the game all day. Lots of teenagers are overweight, go walk in any mall and see for yourself. Some of those teen girls wear tight and short shorts. Get my drift?

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

8. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

*chairfall*

9. princebig7 thread starter macrumors member

Hahahaha

10. pixelzombie macrumors member

pixelzombie

You're getting an ipad, not something diseased. I wouldn't worry about every little thing. Just give it a once over and check for light leakage in a dark lit room. Any other defect should be obvious otherwise don't look for trouble with it.

11. Ipadfever macrumors 6502

Ipadfever

Do not look for defects, only if it bothers you it is defected!

12. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

If you see so much as a piece of dust on the screen, storm back into the store and demand a refund plus additional compensation.

13. VinoGrande macrumors member

Fixed that for you. I hope.

14. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Yep, just go about your business and if you notice something then perhaps a cause for concern. So far whatever I have done, I see no cause for concern regarding the screen.

15. Rafterman macrumors 68000

What defects do you need to look for on new Ipad Air screen? None. Turn it on and use it for a few minutes under normal circumstances. If you don't notice any problems, you are good to go.