What design do you prefer - 4/4s/5/5s vs 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LostSoul80, Sep 25, 2014.

?

What design do you prefer?

1. iPhone 4/4s/5/5s

36 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. iPhone 6/6+

51 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. LostSoul80, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Try not to let what device you currently own/use influence you.
    Also, motivate the answer.

Edit: the 5/5s answer includes the 4/4s design, too.
    Edit 2: Thanks to the mods for updating the option. :)

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

4/4S
    - Strong stainless steel frame, more premium than aluminum. (Need proof that Apple agrees? They are using it as the middle spec for Apple Watch, where the aluminum version is the budget edition)
    - The glass panels.
    - The right size to fit in the hand.

3. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

the 6 and the 6 Plus are gorgeous...But the 4 & 5 are still a legendary design. I would have loved to see an iPhone 5 with a 5 inch screen, that would have been ideal.

4. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

In my opinion, the aluminum design with the glass panels and flush camera on the 5/5s is more elegant than the aluminum design with the antenna lines and protruding camera on the 6. Both look good though.

5. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Give me a 4/4S in the size of a 6 Plus and I'd be happy for life. With that said, I still don't have my 6 Plus (Thanks, AT&T) to compare how it feels in the hand, but looks alone, definitely 4/4S, then 6/6 Plus, and last, the ugly 5/5S.

6. NeilSpoon macrumors member

5/5s for me (the slate is nicer than the space grey though).

It is the most premium looking device. Still looks and feels solid (square edges) and the chamfered edge looks beautiful. You can see they've paid attention to every detail.

I find the 6 look and feel cheaper (antenna bands (what were they thinking??) and protruding camera). Also disappointed they kept the bezels on the 6+. They chose the easy way out and just increased the size rather than come up with an innovative new form factor.

7. eyoungren, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I could not take your poll. You listed the 4 and 4s with the 5.

I hate the 4 and 4s models. They are dead to me.

I love my iPhone 5, the very first peorder and launch day iPhone I ever bought and it's still my primary phone and working fine.

I do not care for the 5s or the 6/6+. I did used to have a 3GS and I liked that phone too, but not as much as my 5.

Now, if I could just downgrade to iOS 6! :eek:

8. bob24 macrumors 6502

The 4 and 5 series are very different - you should really separate them in your pool (I would even say 5 and 6 are much closer and 6 is the next evolution of the 5 using similar materials and the same uni body design).

9. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

10. LostSoul80 thread starter macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The topic is comparing the design of the previous generations (iPhone 4/5) to the new ones, not to compare the 4 vs 5 vs 6.

If you like either the iPhone 4 or 5's design over the current generation's design, the first poll option is the way to go. I'm not asking if you prefer the 4 or the 5's design between themselves, only if you prefer one of those two over the 6's.

11. cdesigns macrumors 6502

I like the 5C design, the white back with black front, for some reason looks awesome, I will love it in 4.7" version

12. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

well this poll is certainly turning into an embarassment for those who said 6 design sucks because human psyche always looks back at previous loved products more fondly

13. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I get you, but I still can't answer the poll. Here's why.

I prefer the 5 over the 6/6+.

But if someone held a gun to my head and told me I had to choose between the 6/6+ or the 4/4s I would have to choose the 6/6+.

On my scale of iPhones the 4 and 4s will always rank last - if they rank at all.

15. evilrt macrumors regular

evilrt

16. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

i personally think the 3G/3GS was best. it fit so well in the hand and was a good thickness.

i still like the 6 though because of the screen, but would have liked if the phone had a bigger battery and was thicker.

17. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

That would be a pretty heavy phone. The 3.5 inch 4s is heavier than the 4.7 inch 6, so imagine how heavy a 5 inch version of the 4s would be.

18. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Yeah, you need an option that separates 4/4S and 5/5S.

Prefer 4/4S design.

19. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

The iPhone 4 was legendary when it was revealed. I've never experienced the same hype for a new iPhone than when I first got my hands on the 4. Beautiful game changing display and design.

20. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Always despised the rough edges of the 4/5 phones. 4 looked beautiful, but that back glass was a scratch magnet (not being gorilla glass) and many of them broke (yes, a simple fix, but still). And not enough companies made back protectors for them. And for some reason scratched glass always bothered me more than scratched aluminum. I also wound up with heavily scratched camera lenses before the sapphire found on the 5 and 6. Home button would get nice and scratched up as well until the 5s. I always loved the thinness of the iPod touches and wished the iPhone looked more like them. With the 6 we get the sapphire camera lens and home button, rounded edges, curved screen, thin profile and larger screen. Love the 6.

21. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The 4 was a major step forward in design. Just a beautiful device. I kinda wish I still had mine, just to look at from time to time.