Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
PSP
PS3 (1)
Nexus 7
HTC One
iPad mini 2
Chromecast
MacBook Air
iPod Touch 5G
Nintendo 3DS
Kobo Aura HD*
Kindle Paperwhite*

(1) haven't used ever since I purchased a PS4.
* I love reading but I much prefer the traditional way.

MasterRyu2011

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2014
Nexus 7 - I don't use it much, because I am always misplacing it. My PC turns on in 7 seconds and I like using a mouse and a 23 inch screen to browse the internet. If I am on a trip, I do take it with me and use it quite a bit.

Apple TV - I don't really use it much since I have gotten the Chromecast. When there is a movie that I want to rent that is only available on iTunes, I would turn to Apple TV.

Amazon Fire TV Stick - I haven't used it much since Day 1 (lol). Even though I am a Prime customer, I don't use much of its Prime video service, and most of my streaming needs are met by the Chromecast.

PS3 - I haven't turned it on for months.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
My laptop doesnt get used as much due to the iPad 2 being able to help with some of what I used the laptop for. Bunch of gaming systems and an android tablet. iPhone 4 retired as a glorious iPod.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
What devices do you barely use?

xbox (replaced by android/ios games) and bluray player (replaced by Minix Neo x8h and i dont have much time to watch movies)

Cod3rror

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2010
I generally sell whatever I don't use. I don't see a point in keeping things, especially when there are batteries involved, since they die.

That said though, I still have my original PSP, I only played TEKKEN on it, and I don't play it at all now, but I don't sell it either cause it costs dirt cheap now.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I think it's telling when most of the replies in this thread are iPads. I've had every iPad that has come out and I always end up returning them because I just don't have a need for them between my iPhone and MBA.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
iPad for me. I'm just using my mom's old iPad 3 for sheet music and that's the only time it's used.

I've tried a bunch of tablets (iPad 1st gen, 3rd gen, mini, mini 2, HP Touchpad, Surface Pro 1, Surface Pro 3, Dell Venue 8 Pro) and ended up returning or selling them lol.

If I need a bigger screen than my phone, I'd rather use my macbook pro or desktop.

I don't have as much free time as I used to so my vita, ps4, wii u are collecting dust. Have so many games to play too *cries*

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I think it's telling when most of the replies in this thread are iPads. I've had every iPad that has come out and I always end up returning them because I just don't have a need for them between my iPhone and MBA.

But a lot of the general public uses ipads that are not MR members. For instance, on long flights, I've invariably seen families with kids with ipads. It seems ipads rule on long flights.

I could get along without my ipad, but it would be more inconvenient for me and why be inconvenienced?

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Ipad is more 'fun' to use versus a pc imo for casual things like web browsing, email, media watching, you know, normal stuff

My pc is for work or things iPad can't do

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
iPad is my least used device since it's very limited and even for basic consumption the browsing experience is poor.

In contrast, Thinkpad Helix2 tablet is the most used device then the Galaxy Note and workstation.

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
Sony Vaio laptop from 2010 - a great computer but with a damaged and painfully slow hard drive. Wanted to switch it out for an SSD but I never seem to cough up the dough for at least a 500GB SSD ;)

iPhone 5 - my previous phone, now I use a Note 3 daily. The iphone is used for audio in my Harman Kardon speaker sometimes.

IPhone 3GS - laying in a box somewhere.

Chromecast - works great (much better than Apple TV if you have a weak WiFi) but sadly too few features.

Apple TV - glitches and never seems to work anymore.

A bunch of game consoles, PSX, PS2, PSP and GameBoy Advance

I still use my iPad Air, Note 3, MacBook Air and custom built PC regularly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.