What did Adobe CS3 do to my system? Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrono1081, Nov 14, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys.

I had CS3 installed on my system (legit copy, I have all the disks, box, receipt, etc.) and tried a demo of CS4 to see if a plugin of mine would work in it.

Well, I uninstalled CS4 using Adobes provided uninstaller and then a few weeks later I needed to load Dreamweaver CS3....

...I pop in my disks and during the install it asks to insert Master Collection CS4. I load all my disks and click "continue" for each and it still keeps prompting me for the disk. Then it hit me...it was asking for Master Collection CS4.

Why I have no idea. I tried downloading the demo again and mounting it and letting it do its thing but it doesn't work.

I tried removing the program with appzapper and the like but honestly those programs don't work all that well.

Does anyone know of a fix? Or where all Adobe files may be hiding that I would need to get rid of? I really can't afford to reinstall my whole system at the moment :(

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you checked Adobe's site to see if there is a removal tool? I know they had one for CS3 a while back.

Or check their site and see if there have been any issues. I know they have a forum for Adobe products etc.

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

I checked Adobe but their "cleanup scripts" are useless because they don't see the CS4 stuff :(

I did end up fixing it though and here is how:

I had to launch time machine, I went back to a time before I installed the CS4 trial and copied the "Library\Application Support\Adobe" file from the system library into my system again.

After this it all worked well :)

I just wish Adobe would get their heads out of their asses and stop sucking. There are many people online with the same problem who haven't found a working solution : /