What did happen to this year's "Back to School" promotion ??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brave5213, Jun 9, 2011.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Usually it starts around may 27th, but this year still no info. Anybody has any idea about when they will start?
    Thanks

2. nickclark08 macrumors newbie

Sooooo....

Based on your links no one knows. Or am I just pointing out the obvious for all of those who didn't read all of the links?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's quite obvious that, no matter how many threads are created on this topic, the bottom line is no one knows.

4. nickclark08, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

nickclark08 macrumors newbie

completely agreed

Edit************

OP - sorry for hijacking the post, but for what it is worth, I would probably give it a few weeks.

Like the info found in most of the links that GGJ posted, the BTS special will likely not end until late August (I personally bought my iMac back in 2008 on the same promotion with a free iPod Touch around the end of August). Unless you have an immediate need for a new mac right this second, I bet you will be alright waiting a while to see what apple has up their sleeve after dealing with the release of a new OS, iCloud, iOS, and *OMG* maybe a phone this summer( Wouldn't hold your breath on the phone either).

Just my 2 cents.

Regards.

5. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I'd bet Apple is waiting to release new Sandy Bridge-based MBA's/MB's before starting the promotion... hopefully next Tuesday?

6. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

I don't reckon that it's going to happen this year. It seems way later than normal!

This of course is based on no solid intel!