What did he say - Subtitles

Explorz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
When I use the "what did he say" Siri function, the movie rewinds 10 seconds or so, but the subtitles don't turn on.

I'm watching a movie on Hulu and it has subtitle availability. I checked by turning the subtitles on.

Aren't they supposed to come on automatically for a brief time when we use the "what did he say" function?

Or is that only with iTunes movies?

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
I think it's only with Siri integrated apps. It will work with iTunes and Netflix.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
When I use the "what did he say" Siri function, the movie rewinds 10 seconds or so, but the subtitles don't turn on.

I'm watching a movie on Hulu and it has subtitle availability. I checked by turning the subtitles on.

Aren't they supposed to come on automatically for a brief time when we use the "what did he say" function?

As an alternative you can go into the accessibility settings and assign a menu button triple click to toggle subtitles (easier than swiping down). And if you haven't discovered yet... Touching the left side of the touch pad for a second gives you a 10 second rewind.

Explorz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
As an alternative you can go into the accessibility settings and assign a menu button triple click to toggle subtitles (easier than swiping down). And if you haven't discovered yet... Touching the left side of the touch pad for a second gives you a 10 second rewind.
Thanks.

pedz

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2007
But Hulu is integrated with Siri. Yes?
Yes, it's not related to the apps integrated with siri universal search, it depends on the app owner supporting it. I would expect more and more apps to have it as they update their apps.

shk718

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2007

I was just watching Limetless on Hulu and it worked. I noticed I have subtitles set to automatic.