what did I do??! (deleted files, now can't watch videos)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Corrosive vinyl, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I got rid of some 'excess' files from my mac yesterday, some com.non-apple files, and today youtube videos do not come up on the site, I can't watch any embedded videos at all, not even on myspace, it is just blank, the player does not even look like its there!! how can I get this back?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Try going to adobe.com, downloading the installer for Flash, and installing it again.

3. Corrosive vinyl thread starter macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

thanks, but I already did it, I got newest version of flash player. then I did the classic disk utility and there were a lot of issues with flash permissions, all fixed, and it still won't work. I am at a loss

4. Corrosive vinyl thread starter macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I also think i deleted internet plug ins, which may account for it, but dont know what plug in that was. I have the flashplayer.plugin and the .xpt, java applet plugin enabler and the plugin, and the cocoa bundle and dir-shockwave. i also have nslQTScriptableplugin.xpt... dont know what that is for. also, the issue is only in safari, in camino everything is just fine, works like it should, embedded videos are there

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Mmmm, it's hard to say what to restore when you don't know what you deleted... can you roll back to a backup? Or else archive and install. Or else, if you didn't delete anything in /library, but only deleted in ~/library, then make a new account and move your files over to it, then kill your old account.