What did I do wrong?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by neilp4453, Jul 28, 2010.

1. neilp4453 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just recently attempted jailbreaking and failed hard. Not sure what I did wrong. I made I followed tutorials completely.

I am using a 3.0.1 iphone 3GS. I used redsn0w to successfully jailbreak it. I was using cydia and everything. I had mywi installed. Everything was smooth up to here.

Now I used another tutorial to get 4.0 on it. I downloaded iTunes 9.2 and necessary programs and the 4.0 ipsw file. I used sn0wbreeze to make a custom firmware.

Now, maybe this is where I went wrong. I went into recovery mode (versus DFU) and attempted to hold shift and choose the custom ipsw. I eventually got a error: The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (2).

Now I prematurely got fed up because I couldn't get past the recovery mode loop. I couldn't get out of it and back to my old springboard. I used a program called iREB but to no avail. I decided to run redsn0W again and I got hung up at "waiting for nand." Googling found that I can no longer jailbreak so I am now using legit 4.01. My tethering from the BenQ hack is now gone.

Now I'm wondering why the hell my custom firmware didn't work. I googled that error for a while and found nothing. I tried various techniques such as different port; different computer; I originally had the latest itunes installed but I downgraded to 9.2; etc.

I realized way later that the t

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Using Sn0wbreeze was your downfall. Stick with DevTeam tools.

3. ngrimes-2010 macrumors regular

+1 (thousand)