Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I was installing some things and I don't remember installing anything like this. I have removed almost everything and it's still there. Any ideas on what it is so that I could remove it instead of almost everything which is at the point I am at now.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 59

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I know it's awesome. The problem is it's giving me two drop down panels and I want to get rid of that one but can't seem to. It's driving me crazy.:p

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I know it's awesome. The problem is it's giving me two drop down panels and I want to get rid of that one but can't seem to. It's driving me crazy.:p

:confused: Can you edit the picture to demonstrate, im only seeing one drop down menu.

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
That's NOT SBSettings!!!

That's the clone/knock-off that RiPDev came out with, right after BigBoss released SBSettings...

So, i am assuming you downloaded that off of Installer...in that case, I would remove it, and never touch anything from Installer/RiPDev ever again...

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
That's NOT SBSettings!!!

That's the clone/knock-off that RiPDev came out with, right after BigBoss released SBSettings...

So, i am assuming you downloaded that off of Installer...in that case, I would remove it, and never touch anything from Installer/RiPDev ever again...

installer = sucky
SBSsettings is much better dont use installer, it just takes up room, but if u did install it poof the app, or dock it.

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Oh yeah thats what it is, I forgot I was even dicking around in there yesterday.

So it seems like it's best just to get rid of installer altogether?

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
installer = sucky
SBSsettings is much better dont use installer, it just takes up room, but if u did install it poof the app, or dock it.

Damn I poofed it and it's still there. Guess I'm still doing it wrong.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Sad day. I remember when everyone loved installer. I don't understand why there are two apps that install things anyway. Why can't installer and cydia be one app?

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Sad day. I remember when everyone loved installer. I don't understand why there are two apps that install things anyway. Why can't installer and cydia be one app?

Because they use two different methods of packaging/installation, and Installer just happens to suck poo-poo ever since RiPDev took it over from NullRiver. The RiPDev folks are considered to be some of the greediest, sketchiest devs, which is why no one likes to use or recommend (or even talk about) Installer since 2.0+

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
There is nothing on installer I suppose for those reasons.

Great I've deleted installer all together off the phone and that dang drop down still comes down. Could it still be somewhere in SBSettings?

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Deleted SBSettings, still there. I'm running out of ideas...:mad:

This has nothing to do with SBSettings. If you can SSH into your phone, navigate to /root/Applications, I believe that program you installed is called "Hood," if you see a folder named Hood.app in Applications, delete it, reboot, and it should be gone.

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
No I didn't I think that might have been the problem because I couldn't find it.

I found the Hood thing in a folder Mobility Enhancer. I deleted that whole folder, might have been a mistake, haha. Stuck on the ole pineapple.

Time to restore and re jailbreak I suppose.

jcde7ago

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
San Francisco, CA
No I didn't I think that might have been the problem because I couldn't find it.

I found the Hood thing in a folder Mobility Enhancer. I deleted that whole folder, might have been a mistake, haha. Stuck on the ole pineapple.

Time to restore and re jailbreak I suppose.

Don't install Installer this time around, and stay away from RiPDev altogether. This is a common problem with these guys...

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Yeah seems like it, I've been digging around.

Is there a way to save my numbers? Like a file somewhere.

Haephestos

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Yeah seems like it, I've been digging around.

Is there a way to save my numbers? Like a file somewhere.
Does iTunes recognise the device? If so, make a backup, and select in the 'info' tab to backup contacts to a service like outlook or address book.

pito189

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
It does and it tries to sync but then fails.

I can see it in diskaid, so I was just going to copy it out and then back in.

edit: I did sync, so thats sweet. Just got re JB it I suppose.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
Oh yeah thats what it is, I forgot I was even dicking around in there yesterday.

So it seems like it's best just to get rid of installer altogether?

yes get rid of it, the only way I can think of deleting installed is to restore(fully) and then rejailbreak.

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
Because they use two different methods of packaging/installation, and Installer just happens to suck poo-poo ever since RiPDev took it over from NullRiver. The RiPDev folks are considered to be some of the greediest, sketchiest devs, which is why no one likes to use or recommend (or even talk about) Installer since 2.0+

That's part of it, but Installer was a POS before RiPDev took over. It's kind of a hack job, and isn't nearly as well designed as apt (for which Cydia is a front-end.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.